Dezracer's 1960 pick up

aquawilly54

Well Oiled
Sep 21, 2009
Willys Model
Willys Year:
All, here are pics of Brian's (dezracer) pickup. It's really beautiful.
Brian, did you do this, or buy it done.
It's really, really nice.
Steve
[attachment=0:3ia8gilw]1960 Willys 021.jpg[/attachment:3ia8gilw][attachment=1:3ia8gilw]1960 Willys 015.jpg[/attachment:3ia8gilw][attachment=2:3ia8gilw]1960 Willys 020.jpg[/attachment:3ia8gilw][attachment=3:3ia8gilw]1960 Willys 018.jpg[/attachment:3ia8gilw]

Attachments

• 1960 Willys 018.jpg
    1960 Willys 018.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 179
  • 1960 Willys 020.jpg
    1960 Willys 020.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 178
  • 1960 Willys 015.jpg
    1960 Willys 015.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 179
  • 1960 Willys 021.jpg
    1960 Willys 021.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 178
That's nice....real nice! Clean and fresh as well. I like it! Auqawilly you have a good eye!!!

aquawilly54 said:
All, here are pics of Brian's (dezracer) pickup. It's really beautiful.
Brian, did you do this, or buy it done.
It's really, really nice.
Steve
[attachment=0:1dof26bs]1960 Willys 021.jpg[/attachment:1dof26bs][attachment=1:1dof26bs]1960 Willys 015.jpg[/attachment:1dof26bs][attachment=2:1dof26bs]1960 Willys 020.jpg[/attachment:1dof26bs][attachment=3:1dof26bs]1960 Willys 018.jpg[/attachment:1dof26bs]

Thank you Steve for getting these pics posted for me. I really appreciate it. :thumbup: It was pretty much done when I bought it. Then the fun began. First time I went out in the dirt to play the front axle exploded and put a hole in the case. So the seach for a donor axle began. I found one off a panel wagon in Cedar City, Utah for $200.00. Got it home and it did not have the right gear ratios :( Decided to have my mechanic rebuild completley. The donor axle was rough and tired. We had to send carrier to machine shop to put a sleeve in the pin bore which was all hollowed out. The origial axle was the same so must be common problem. Should be better and stronger now as the new sleeve is Stainless rather than cast iron.

When we were replacing all the seals (motor and tranny leaked oil like a seive) we replaced the motor and transmission mounts which raised all that stuff up and exaggerated the fact that the cab bushings were gone. So...the back of motor was almost touching the firewall and the shifters were sticking up too far thru the cab floor. Thus my recent post post about cab bushings.

Last month when out wheeling in a snow storm the slush on the window was too tough for the old wiper motor and the shaft broke. New wiper motor just arrived. Lets see....new gas tank and sender setting in garge ready for install buts its too cold in Utah right now to do anything.

Full tune-up and valve adjustment, and too many little odds and ends to remember to be honest. I spose as all of you already know....its never REALLy done. But its worth it. :cheers:

Wow that's super clean. It's nice to see people out driving their classic vehicles. It give us all a chance to drool. :D

Steve

Very nice Brian... Now we need to see some wheeling pics... :cheers:

Pete

Pete said:

Pete

Thanks Pete. I see you are from Idaho. I was told the the truck originally spent 40 years there on a farm and led a fairly tough life. Then the guys daughter used it when she was old enough to drive. (picture a farmers hot daughter driving a Willys 4x4 truck :mrgreen: ) The original pics I have of when the 2nd owner aquired it would bare this out as the truck was ROUGH!!. I am 3rd owner. Original ODO showed 50k miles. I have put 1,000 on the new gauge cluster since rebuilt. :thumbup:

dezracer said:
Pete said:

Pete

Thanks Pete. I see you are from Idaho. I was told the the truck originally spent 40 years there on a farm and led a fairly tough life. Then the guys daughter used it when she was old enough to drive. (picture a farmers hot daughter driving a Willys 4x4 truck :mrgreen: ) The original pics I have of when the 2nd owner aquired it would bare this out as the truck was ROUGH!!. I am 3rd owner. Original ODO showed 50k miles. I have put 1,000 on the new gauge cluster since rebuilt. :thumbup:

Ok, now you've got to figure out how to post the "before" pics too... :D

Yep, Idaho... Great place for old tin to sit for decades without rusting into the earth. Are you in Utah?

Pete

Live in Las Vegas but have 2nd home in Parowan, Utah. Thats where the truck stays. With 4:88s it would take days to get her home :mrgreen: I dont have a trailer. Could borrow or rent one but dont have a tow vehicle either. :(

dezracer said:
Live in Las Vegas but have 2nd home in Parowan, Utah. Thats where the truck stays. With 4:88s it would take days to get her home :mrgreen: I dont have a trailer. Could borrow or rent one but dont have a tow vehicle either. :(

I get to Vegas two or three times a year, wife's family all live there. I met SparkeyPowers and ScottyD last time I was down there, both forum members in Vegas. You should look them up, they have wagon projects going.

Parowan isn't too far from Moab, I think you should bring the truck to the Moab run in May... :thumbupleft:

Pete

You have certainly have learned that these Willy's need individual attention to keep them on the road...the work only makes you appreciate what you have....and it is yours! It still is a great look'n Willy's...now for some pic's that you post??? :lol:

Hey all. Been awhile since I visited but need some help. My mechanic told me my harmonic balancer on my 226 super hurricane was wobbling and thus timing is off. He looked around and cant find a new or rebuilt one. Any suggestions or places I could call for help would be much appreciated!!! He did get the timing right but I assume a wobbling balancer is not good could harm the engine correct? Im trying not to drive it much until I get it replaced or fixed.

Back