Feb 6, 2014
Tullahoma Tennessee
First Name
Gary
Willys Model
  1. Pickup
Willys Year:
  1. 1957
Ok don't pull my post just yet. Hear me out. I ended up with a vacuum control cable with black knob in very good condition that I would like to give away to some deserving FC owner. It's 17 inches in length and works very smoothly. I believe that length is for the FC. So here is what I'm thinking....give it away to the guy who picks the date closest to when I get my distributer back. Here is a little background. I sent my distributor to "Willysdistributors"on April 22nd 2016. I was told by Kurt that he expects to turn it around in 4-6 months. Remember it could be shorter or it may take longer. So the clock started ticking on the 22nd of April and ends on the day it arrives at my house. You pick the date and if you are the closest to the actual date, I box it up and send it to you postage paid.
Easy as that. It gets the part back in the hands of a FC owner and better yet it goes to a member of this forum. Post your dates on this post and I will track them.

Good luck.

I think this is a trick question and it arrived last Thursday. :p

(I don't need the part but needed to participate)

I am not much of a psychic, but my guess is 12/25/2016. Because whatever day it arrives it is going to feel like Christmas!

9/05/16

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

11/11/16. I dont have an FC. But if I win I'd have to get one. This should work with the spousal unit shouldnt it?
"Honey we just won a major portion of a Willys FC! Well, I might need to buy just a few things for it to complete it. And boy would you look good in it".
Its important to get that barn door open so the livestock can scatter!

11 03 2016 Just because.....haven't a clue.
If I win, the next closest guess before mine can have it. I don't need it.
diggerG

Oh my... do I go with 'its already arrived ' or do I go with 'it will be here in the future'

I'll go with 25 of November

Since I don't know what an FC is I'm going with the 'Honey we need to get one' approach.

Since I don't know what an FC is I'm going with the 'Honey we need to get one' approach.

A picture of my FC-170 when it arrived February, 2015:

FC170arrived.jpg

They are trucks so pretty much anything the trucks would do. I'm planning on removing the flat-bed and go with the metal bed - which is similar to the bed on the trucks, just nine feet in length instead of the 6.5 on the trucks. The FC-150 is shorter and has a different style bed. A lot more information can be had at http://www.thefcconnection.com/ and in the FC section of this forum.

Last edited:
It's here!!! 12/8/2016 is the official day of arrival. If my eyes are correct Dave'swillys is the winner with a date of 12/2/2016. Thank you to everyone who played along. Dave if you will send me a a pm with your address I will send it out to you.
To those of you who participated but came up short, we may have a consolation prize. I have a coworker who has a tailgate with the WO logo on it. I go to look at it tomorrow and he has offered it to me for $100. It is the only thing worth anything according to him. I will know more tomorrow but I was thinking that only the folks who entered this little contest are in and then only those who are interested. I pose a question about some obscure Willys item and the first one who guesses it can have the tail gate for the $100 I paid. I'll post pictures of it first so you can look it over. If anyone has a better idea let me know. Just thinking out loud again.

I'll be back tomorrow night with pics and details.

Congratulations to Dave'swillys again.
Gary

Back