Pictures of dashboards from different years

Here's my 48 Jeepster that I converted to 2" gauges about 35 years ago. I'm changing bodies and the 48 body I got had a 50's dash put in. So the 2" gauge cluster is going to my 48 willys wagon that has about 3 add-on gauges. The add-on gauges are going once I get the cluster moved in.
1545235304951.jpegDSC01190.JPG

Last edited:
Here is a couple of pics of my dash from my early '56 Wagon, all original. On a side note, I think it kinda funny that the speedo goes to 90mph.

[galleryimage:1v6tni1t]999[/galleryimage:1v6tni1t]

[galleryimage:1v6tni1t]1000[/galleryimage:1v6tni1t]
That's so that after you've driven off the edge of the cliff, you can see just how fast you are going before you pile into the bottom of the ravine.... :lol:

Pete

LMAO

I've had my Traveler up to 94 MPH on radar in Wyoming. It gets a little "floaty" at 85 with those fenders catching a lot of air but it was fun once pinning the speedometer.

:eek:

I got a polite how the hell does that go so fast followed by slow the F... down and have a nice day from the cute Trooper.

:cool:

Here's the dash and overhead console I built in my 64 Traveler.

Willys dash -01.JPGWillys overhead console-03.JPGWillys overhead console -01.JPGwillys overhead console -05.JPG

Last edited:
I have no idea what year the truck is. It can best be compared to some Hollywood actresses...lots of new body work and some original running gear. When you see them, you aren't sure how old they are.
20181219_163027.jpg

Hope to have it on the road next spring.

I have no idea what year the truck is. It can best be compared to some Hollywood actresses...lots of new body work and some original running gear. When you see them, you aren't sure how old they are. Hope to have it on the road next spring.

Without seeing more of the truck ......based on the large gauge cluster ...i'm gunna say 57-63 ? that in itself is decieving ......there is a couple differnt versions of the large gauge depending on which one you have...which dont really matter as gauge might been changed out to newer/older style
a 1 piece windshield says at least 60+....was having trouble making heads or tails out of the door panel on Passenger side .....what the heck did they use...?...what is that yellow bar to...? upon closer examination...OH Crap ..i see it now ....that is the door hinge ....no door in place..!! so what i am seeing is something next to your truck .....appears to be a Sharp TV above it. its funny ...the angle of the pic made me see something that was not there.

Larry

Last edited:
My 1950-1/2 - came up with NOS for all of the gauges:

000_0002.jpg

Hi;
Just wondering, what are those seats out of?
Lance
I stumbled across them in a wrecking yard. If I remember it was a 2005 Ford Winstar minivan with rear bucket seats. I did build rear seat supports but otherwise they fit quite well. Even hooked up the electric motors in the front.

I thought so. Why did you go that route instead of the stock Willys replacement?

Speedometer, New Equus 005.JPG

1950 1/2 pickup.. Original gauges reworked for 12v.. Aftermarket speedo with trip meter.. Aftermarket ignition and light switches, choke cable. I added a home made heater fan and temp control.. Shift plate modified for the T5 trans and Dana 300 T/C... Oh, and I added a blue high beam indicator next to the speedo. The radio is Ford, 6CD... Best radio I'ver ever had.. The starter button is on the lower left... It looks like it was once on a drill press... Came with the truck... I like it.

Attachments

• Willys 3.JPG
    Willys 3.JPG
    124 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:
The image below is from a wagon on ebay that the seller claims to be a 1962. While this particular wagon has seen its share of hackery, to me the two large gauges in the dash looked original. Has anyone seen this layout before? I never had until I saw this image. The clock in the center looks like it was stabbed in by a previous owner. Sorry for the large image.

s-l1600.jpg

I like the altimeter... I carry one in the glove box... Just to satisfy my curiosity when the engine seems weak..
This usually occurs around 7K feet.. Your gauge setup is perfect.

Back