Dec 27, 2015
Georgia
First Name
Roy
Willys Model
  1. Aero
Willys Year:
  1. 1953
Does anyone know of an engine mount made to swap to a v8 from a 6cyl in a aero ace?please email me @ royhallracing@gmail.com

Last edited:
Roy
I am a little bit confused. First, I doubt if there ever was an engine mount for that application. Not enough people thought about doing that swap. A V8 would blow up that dinky little transmission in no time at all anyway. And there may not be enough room in that engine compartment for a V8 either. If you want an engine swap for more driveability, think about a Buick / Jeep V6 and Buick transmission.
Secondly, anybody named Royhallracing should know the people to make any engine mount to fit anything in my humble opinion. Maybe I'm mistaken.
No offence meant at all. Sorry if I did.
diggerG
diggerG

Does anyone know of an engine mount made to swap to a v8 from a 6cyl in a aero ace?please email me @ royhallracing@gmail.com

Hello Roy. You probably have to fabricate your own engine mounts. When you mentioned a Willys Aero Ace, I remembered a couple of these at some of the car shows that I've been to. Here is a pic of one of them. The Aero Ace make a pretty cool Hot Rod if that's where you're going with this. ANYTHING is Possible. Pivnic

Buf Bill Days Car Show Willys Aero Ace   07292012 025.jpg

Yep, will have to fabricate the motor mounts. That said, with a car that used the 161 and 226 6 cylinders, should be enough room to install any V8 you want and I suspect about any common transmission. It's not like dealing with an 80" wheelbase CJ.

Back