Sep 17, 2009
Hailey, Idaho
First Name
Pete
Willys Model
  1. Wagon
Willys Year:
  1. 1960
Can't remember now if this has been posted before, but it's great vintage footage from the 60's... Reminds me of a simpler time.

[video=youtube;c2XQyHGSs88]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c2XQyHGSs88[/video]

Pete

Thanks for sharing Pete. There are some great shots and was edited really well for the 60's.

Terry

Last edited:
pete that was very cool, reminds me as a boy in the 60's growing up in colorado and NORTHERN ca.thanks, mike.

Nice Video Pete. I also reminds me of Four Wheelin back in the early 70s. A bunch of us would head out on a weekend, heat stapped on our side, pitching tents once we got some where, hanging with our old friends all weekend long and four wheelin and hoping that we won't break down out in the middle of no where. It WAS much simpler back then. Pivnic

From the youtube source page:

Uploaded on Dec 16, 2011 by Hoople582

8mm film by my Grandfather; around 1964-1968. These trips were in the western central Sierra Nevada Mountains. Great memories from the past.

Terrific!

Thanks Pete, outstanding film! Really, the song remains the same, thanks to our Forefathers for saving nature for us. I enjoyed the part when the Grandfather patted his CJ on the hood holding the Coors. Owning Jeeps since 1976 I have done that myself many times, for saving my ashcan from whatever. My Willys is new to me but thanks to your forum and the help of a ton of friends here she is on the road and I drive her daily here in Wisconsin. I do own a Grand Cherokee, but the wagon takes me back for some reason. Thanks to all and to all a great New year! Take care, Mike.

Thanks Pete, reminds me of my childhood. Every summer my family would go camping somewhere. My dad would drive a station wagon being there were six of us. They were the best of times, even when my dad would scream at me and my brothers. lol

Makes me want to load up the CJ and go camping for the weekend. Great find. Thank you, Pete for everything you do.

Steve

Great video. Take a look at shaverlake.com in the off road trails it will mention Coyote Lake. There are some really great trails all over the area. North east of Fresno Ca. There are still areas with primitive camping which is really rare in Ca. These days.

I loved watching the video. I even started to imagine the smell gasoline from being there with a bunch of carburetor engines jetted for sea level.

Thx for sharing

Duane

59 wagon frame swap in progress

Back