Aug 17, 2015
Philo, IL
First Name
Thomas
Willys Model
  1. Pickup
Willys Year:
  1. 1948
Hi everyone, for those who don't know me I'm Thomas and I'm the proud owner of "Gus" my 1948 truck.

Gus was named by the previous owners 8 year old son and I promised to carry the tradition on. Besides it suits him!

Gus is 4 wheel drive and is largely stock. Owned by one farm family for about 50 years, he was never off the farm much. Sold to the second owner in the late 1990's and I bought him about 5 years ago. I restored an old abandoned 1930's auto repair shop...

...which had a near identical 1949 shop Jeep truck. So I thought it fitting to find a replacement truck and have it lettered to match the original shop truck.

This forum was brought to my attention by Scramboleer AKA Dan from this forum.

I just finished a rather extensive list of service work on Gus. You can read more about the shop restoration and service work performed on Gus here:

http://www.garagejournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=51567

I'm sure I'll have lots of questions so let me thank everyone now in advance for their help.

Cheers, Thomas

OMG its you! i have been pouring myself over your thread on garagejournal a little bit at a time over the last week. i am up to page 60 of 400+. and im not even reading everything. mostly only the posts with photos. i really love your shop and what you have done with it. i wish i could find one.

oh and howdy from ks.

Welcome aboard Thomas (and Gus). Great to have you here. Your shop and attention to detail are amazing.

Cheers from San Francisco,

Scramboleer AKA Dan

Hi Thomas. What a great job you've done to restore that old auto shop! It is beautiful! And what a cool idea to restore the old shop truck back to it's original glory to go along with it! Super COOL! What's next? Great work! Pivnic

Welcome to the forum Thomas-

Pete

Back