Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: WANTED: STOCK RADIO For A 1962 Willys Station Wagon

First Name
    Jake
    Year
    Model
    Wagon
    Post Thanks / Like
    I know the speaker was mounted on the bottom of the radio but I do not know how the radio was mounted into place.

Gear Grinder
    First Name
    Dennis
    Year
    Model
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Bill, I have a Bendix R12BW radio NOS, just out of the shop after it was completely refurbished. I wasn't sure of the condition so I had a vintage radio tech, go through it. No speaker, 2 capacitors, 2 brackets and a speaker wire plug with a pigtail. It has a fused power wire and the Owner's Manual/installation guide for a wagon or a F/C. I have owned the radio for a long time because I thought it would work in my 51 Jeepster it wasn't until I took it to the shop that I learned it was a 12V radio and my Jeepster is 6V. I would like a trade for a similar quality 6V unit but will sell for $$ as well. Thanks, Dennis
    Willys radio for sale.JPG

First Name
    Tiernan
    Year
    Model
    Wagon
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have an all original barn find '62 wagon and I know that with the delco radio the speaker was in the passenger foot well. I am posting some pictures as well.Unfortunately my windshield leaked and it poured through the radio so mine is out for the count. I've attached a bunch of useful pictures since my radio is out on my desk.
    Attached Images Attached Images

4. Likes scramboleer, leiniedude liked this post
    First Name
    Jake
    Year
    Model
    Wagon
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you so much for all the pictures! They're very helpful except I am having a hard time seeing how the radio is mounted inside of the bulkhead. Does one side of the radio mount on the steering column brace and the other side mount on that radio bracket???

That's a shame that your radio got ruined. Those are very, very difficult to find. You said is an all original barn find. Do you know if the paint is original?

First Name
    Tiernan
    Year
    Model
    Wagon
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm sorry I didn't get back to you sooner. I didn't realize that it had been this long! I seriously thought it had been only a month or two, not eight!
    The white paint was added at some point in the past by a previous ownr but the red is the original (albeit faded) color .

The only mounting is that bracket which mounts to the bolt on the side of the radio in the second picture and the radio tuning knob stalks. That's it. It's crazy that a radio that heavy has so little holding it in. I'll take some clearer pictures tomorrow and try my hardest to remember to actually post them

First Name
    Greg
    Year
    Model
    Wagon
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by artbarts View Post
    Hi Bill, I have a Bendix R12BW radio NOS, just out of the shop after it was completely refurbished. I wasn't sure of the condition so I had a vintage radio tech, go through it. No speaker, 2 capacitors, 2 brackets and a speaker wire plug with a pigtail. It has a fused power wire and the Owner's Manual/installation guide for a wagon or a F/C. I have owned the radio for a long time because I thought it would work in my 51 Jeepster it wasn't until I took it to the shop that I learned it was a 12V radio and my Jeepster is 6V. I would like a trade for a similar quality 6V unit but will sell for $$ as well. Thanks, Dennis
    Willys radio for sale.JPG
    do you still have this radio?
    TN OVRLAND

First Name
    Jake
    Year
    Model
    Wagon
    Post Thanks / Like