ID this old Delivery?

Always learning. Here's another picture of the Planar front suspension from JP/fourwheeler.com:

154_0904_11_z%2barizona_junk_jeeps%2bsuspension.jpg

Yep that be the one. I love the looks of the Planar Suspension. You can still get all the parts and bushing for it as well. :cool:

I've never seen the bottom of a dash in a wagon rust away before... I think if you were to restore this, you'd need a donor for most of the parts, so you would essentially be restoring the donor in the end. Post a build thread here on the forum if you move ahead with this, I'd love to follow the process.

Pete

I've never seen the bottom of a dash in a wagon rust away before... I think if you were to restore this, you'd need a donor for most of the parts, so you would essentially be restoring the donor in the end. Post a build thread here on the forum if you move ahead with this, I'd love to follow the process.

Pete
I was thinking it was cut for reasons unknown...
But that area has a good lip to hold enough organic matter to stay moist and rot away... I actually found moss growing in the dirt in the sliding track of my side windows today--Colorado usually ain't this kinda wet...

The 57 wagon I parted out last year had completely rusted out across both the top and the bottom of the dash. I saved all the good sheet metal that I could in case I need it for my 55.

Just noticed the bumper sticker... "It's not the destination, it's the journey!". In this case, Yep! :cheers:

Pete

IMO Its most likely a 49/50 Panel. I have a 49 2WD SW with the same dash set up (ashtray on top). The front suspension is a Planar front suspension. Used for the 2WD Wagon, Panel from 46-54.

I have the same frame that I am rebuilding. Also the frame was a U-Chanel frame (Boxed) and not the standard C-Chanel frame (Lighter and made for 2WD). It also looks like it has a 50% parkway conversion done on it. IMO this looks all original.

I do not believe its a factory special, I thought that was a SW with the barn doors. I could be wrong. But IMO it looks like a 49/50 Delivery with a 50% parkway conversion. Looking at the front cowl there is also a seam on the side. early SW, Panel and PU did not have that. I see it on my 51s but not on my 49.

That being said, Lots of good parts there. Way over my head for a rebuild.

Parts and yard art but relay cool IMO.

My Planar frame, Dash and 49 Wagon.

attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

4d99eedb34924e1a4e78b665867598a2.jpg

I think this is a ‘47

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If someone were in the need for some small parts this rusted ruin might fill some needs. The heater, the rear door latches, possibly the hinges, suspension parts, a nice boat anchor shaped like an engine, a steering shaft, the rims might be salvageable. ...... I bet t a person in need there might be something there. No it's not going to be rebuilt, but as a donor there might be something there.

Exactly WHERE in the Mid Atlantic is it? If i had something to do around there I would drag it on the trailer. PM me with the location and contact if you want. The first time i saw the pictures I KNEW it was in the Northeast somewhere.
diggerG

Back