Ventura Ca
First Name
Daniel
Willys Model
  1. Wagon
Willys Year:
  1. 1953
  2. 1963
Well guys I'm excited headed out first thing in the morning to Carson City Nv 9 hours north, to pick up my ( new to me ) 1963 4x4 Willys wagon. I'll post pictures Monday it'll be a day up then load stay at a friends house in Gardnerville then head back early Monday morning to Ventura Ca . The wagon is all stock except for paint color, new paint, tires , interior , brakes, wiring trans and transfer case has all been gone through. I took at least an hour crawling around the wagon and there is no rust and from the looks of the sellers other 20 plus vehicles he leaves no leaf unturned all vehicles absolutely beautiful. I drove the wagon early October while on our (anniversary weekend trip) and it drives like new runs as good as can be ( 230 Tornado) my wife thinks it's cool and I'm like the rest of you if the wife thinks the Willys is cool who am I to say no haha . I've been dickering back and fourth on the price since August hundreds of texts and emails phone calls and the seller finally came around to my way of thinking. Thanks for all the info and great posts here guys I'll post pictures soon .........Dan

Last edited:
Safe travels Dan. We're looking forward to seeing it. By the way, how did you stumble across it in the first place?

Cheers,

Dan

Craigslist I have found my last two Willys on there along with a tractor and several farm implements.

Last edited:
Yes, Safe Travels Dan! Take pics of your trip along the way and many pics loading the 63 Wagon. It sounds like it will be another "Excellent Adventure" lined up for you! I too have a 63 Wagon that required an all day "Excellent Adventure" trip to go clear out to South Fork, Colorado from Conifer and back. I had two offers to buy the Wagon while making the trip back home while gassing up the tow rig. Tie that thing down good as described in an earlier posting just the other day on the forum, and have a safe trip. Enjoy the journey! Pivnic

It's getting cold and I hear of possible snow up this way. Good luck.

Hearty slap on the back to you. You have a great Willys, and more importantly, a great wife to share it with.

Back