Reproduction slider and ashtray knobs

I see the confusion: the long skinny part is a heater vent handle for the early style heaters and nothing to do with the windows. I don't have them listed as I want installed pics and still need a 6v motor before reassembly.

Hey, does anybody know if these knobs and handles are still available? Re-furbishing my Harrison heater and need some ivery or black handles for the front fins.

Choke ...seems you can only buy the knob with the cable. FYI..I have seen them for sale and bought one...it was nice to have but then a few months later whilst cleaning the rear ashtray, which ive never opened before...I find the missing original. crazy !... bought a repo shifter knob for the column shifter but the threads were all wrong...had to build it out...biggest thing I can say is to try and use a material that has the look of aged plastic...the new stuff stands out when you put it next to the original...just a thought

Ted I never got the heater handles good enough for sale, PM and I’ll send you a set of leftovers in either color, but they aren’t perfect.

Something I've been wondering about. My window lock buttons are in surprisingly good condition. Do you or anyone make a knob or handle for the sliding window itself?

Harrison Heater Handles

Ted I never got the heater handles good enough for sale, PM and I’ll send you a set of leftovers in either color but they aren’t perfect
Ok Scott. thanks. What ever color looks best color is fine. I've been working on a Harrison Heater model H 440-51. Round heater cores are no longer available unless custom made. To expensive for my blood. So I modified the inner pan to accept a small square heater core. Its working out pretty good. Surprises me what I found to make it work on the internet.

Forget about the 6 volt motors unless you know someone. You can get one to fit the upper defroster housing, but you will need to find a 2 3/4' diameter motor for the heater core. I took both my motors to a local motor shop and they both needed to be re-wound which isn't really done anymore. I couldn't find anybody to do it. New motors of either 6 volt or 12 volt are only found in 3" diameter. Bought a school bus blower motor for defrost and then I modified mine to accept a motorcycle cooling fan and scrapped my old heater core motor. Both are 12 volt.

I also made new Harrison Heater Data Plates. Pretty close to the original. I'll take it to a trophy shop and have the model stamped.

View attachment 42106Here is a pic of the Heater Data Plate.

Really nice work!. The tag is on the back of the heater, right?. Not to derail or hijack this thread, But I looked for 35 years for one of these heaters in good enough condition to restore. I used the original 6V motors with resistors to drop the voltage to 8V. The original core didn't have any leaks but I had to re-pipe it to fit the holes in the firewall and fabricate the proper mounts and new handles from phenolic. I have an inline blower motor plumbed into the driver's defogger in the driver's defogger hose with a separate switch for when I need extra air to clear the windshield on that side when conditions require. The whole system works quite well.
P1030165.jpgP1030167.jpgP1030173.jpgP1030180.jpgP1030172.jpg

Harrison Heater Rebuild
IMG_5217.jpgIMG_5218.jpgIMG_5219.jpgIMG_5220.jpgIMG_5232.jpgIMG_5233.jpgIMG_5221.jpgIMG_5222.jpgHarrison Data Plate.jpg
Here is what I have done so far:

My original round heater core was shot. Searched the internet for a square heater core that would fit my bracket. Modified the back of the housing so the intake/output had a place. Moved the left mounting stud lower and to the right. That didn't matter, my Wagon never had a heater in it so there's no hole to patch or cover. Will mount a motorcycle cooling fan to the main housing support behind were the data plate will go back on.

It's all in primer now but will be painted shortly after holidays when I finish it. Defrost motor will be a 12 volt replacement since we converted everything to 12 volt anyways.

More pics to follow.

Last edited:
How big is your printer? Have you ever considered making the original WO door sill plates from the late 40s? I considered 3d but most printers are not big enough. Castings or injection molds might be the only option.

fc63b7ac4c3c749d22365f04da4c9120.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

View attachment 42140View attachment 42141View attachment 42142View attachment 42143View attachment 42144View attachment 42145View attachment 42146View attachment 42147View attachment 42148Here is what I have done so far. My original round heater core was shot. Searched the internet for a square heater core that would fit my bracket. Modified the back of the housing so the intake/output had a place. Moved the left mounting stud lower and to the right. That didn't matter, my Wagon never had a heater in it so there's no hole to patch or cover. Will mount a motorcycle cooling fan to the main housing support behind were the data plate will go back on. Its all in primer now but will be painted shortly after holidays when I finish it. Defrost motor will be a 12 volt replacement since we converted everything to 12 volt anyways. More pics to follow.

Very nicely done!

Hey Scott,
Recieved the handles today. Look wonderful. drilling out and tapping the scew holes are no problem. I am also going to use my router table and cut out the area in the back for a finger pull. I thinks these are great. They will work perfectly. Very happy with the quality. Good job and thanks!!

Here are the final ready to ship knobs as mounted on the sliding window lock and the rear ashtray cover, in both ivory and black. Thanks to the guys that I have heard from already, the first orders get mailed tomorrow.

They are printed with a pilot hole, but unthreaded as although the sliding window lock shaft thread is consistent, the mounting screws for the rear ashtrays are typically a smaller thread, but honestly I never found two screws the same, in the same truck, so the pilot hole is small enough to accommodate some variation.

At some point I will offer grey and OD green as well.

More to come, I'm open to suggestions, but prefer to only make otherwise unavailable items. I'm already working on vintage Mercedes knobs for a buddy...
View attachment 22130View attachment 22131View attachment 22132View attachment 22134View attachment 22136View attachment 22137View attachment 22138View attachment 22139
Awesome work

Back