Willys pictures from 2014 Willys America Open House and BBQ

Bummed. Missed it by a week. My wife competed in Ironman in Guerneville following weekend.

Went to Cazedero Saturday evening but WA was closed. Did see an amazing local pickup with factory dump bed in htown...Chased it down to Schoolhouse Campground just out of Guerneville. Campground has been in the family for three generations. Willys was bought new for use there, still very original. Current Owner is maybe mid thirties, still collects the campground refuse and takes it to dump weekly. He was kind enough to chat and operate the bed for us.
image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Wow Homewood - an Ironman - very impressive. And that's a sweet dump truck. I'm sure you're not the first to have chased down a Willys!
2014 Willys America BBQ (9).jpg2014 Willys America BBQ (12).jpg2014 Willys America BBQ (13).jpg2014 Willys America BBQ (14).jpg2014 Willys America BBQ (15).jpg2014 Willys America BBQ (17).jpg2014 Willys America BBQ (18).jpg2014 Willys America BBQ (19).jpg2014 Willys America BBQ (20).jpg2014 Willys America BBQ (21).jpg

Last edited:
Great pics Dan... Thanks for posting them. One of these days maybe we'll make it there for the caravan...

Pete

Well if you (or anyone) needs a place to crash (and doesn't mind a baby and a dog), we have a guest room. Your Willys can even park in the garage if it's stock height. :)

Here is the last group of my dad's pics. Paul's shop is quite impressive:
2014 Willys America BBQ (31).jpg2014 Willys America BBQ (32).jpg2014 Willys America BBQ (27).jpg2014 Willys America BBQ (28).jpg2014 Willys America BBQ (29).jpg2014 Willys America BBQ (30).jpg2014 Willys America BBQ (39).jpg2014 Willys America BBQ (41).jpg

Until next year!

I'd sure like to go next year and my brother will probably want to go also he has a 1957 Willys pickup that's as nice as I've ever seen, looks like a great time.

Does anyone know the owner of this yellow truck that was at the open house? I like the looks of the lift on the truck and was hoping to get some info.
image.jpg

Hi Keith,

The yellow truck is owned by a guy named Terry out of Livermore, California. There was an article in the West Coast Willys newsletter about it a few years ago. I'll PM you his contact info.

Cheers,

Scramboleer

I'm going to try to get to Willys America this year. Unfortunately, I don't think my wagon will be ready to drive that far by then, so I'll probably just ride my motorcycle.

My brother-in-law has a shop in the area and has done quite a bit of body work on Willys America projects.

I'm going to try to get to Willys America this year. Unfortunately, I don't think my wagon will be ready to drive that far by then, so I'll probably just ride my motorcycle.

My brother-in-law has a shop in the area and has done quite a bit of body work on Willys America projects.

All are welcome Willys or not. Heck, I've never driven a Willys (yet) to the open house; taken the Scrambler quite a few years. This year I'll be in a modern car with a kid or two.

Back