Jun 17, 2014
United States
First Name
Nick
Willys Model
  1. Pickup
Willys Year:
  1. 1952
I am new here but I have searched the forum and the internet and not really found the answer, I am looking to swap the front axle of my new to me 52 willys pickup so that it will have 8 lug wheels, I am curious to know if i Can use flat top knuckles and a chevy steering arm to retain the stock steering, or does anyone have any suggestions on how to get my front converted to 8 lug a better way. I know the stock steering is not the best but I would like to keep the truck original as possible while still making it drivable on the street, and suitable for ranch work

Thanks

Nick

you want to swap the front axle to 8 lug, what is the rear now, is it 8 lug already ? 8 lug axles are one tons, are you going to be hauling heavy stuff? I have 8 lug one tons on my wagon but, I don't know how wide the original truck axles are.

I am working on putting a dana 60 from a J20 under it, my rear axle was no good and i am worried about breaking an axle shaft in the middle on no where and being stuck, it is not a big deal if you are using a really common axle shaft but the dana 53 is far from it. So i came across this dana 60 for a reasonable amount and from what i read, it should bolt right up once i weld the spring perches on so that they leaves are under the axle, I would like to not need to carry two spares and an open knuckle front end would not hurt my feelings too much either. I had a 51 wagon that i did a saginaw steering conversion on but I think it just takes away too much, I would like to keep the ross box if i could.

Nick

Back