Apr 25, 2011
Green, Ohio
First Name
Bob
Willys Model
  1. CJ
Willys Year:
  1. 1953
Announcing the Spring Midwest Willys Reunion, May 16, 17, 18, 2014 In Hudson, Ohio.

This year's featured speaker is Paul Barry from Willys America, Paul is a noted collector and restorer of Willys Jeeps of all varieties. The featured vehicles are service Jeeps.

Here's a website with information: http://www.midwestwillysreunion.org/smwwr14.htm

If you've attended before, we will be sending out registration forms via e mail or ground mail soon, and will load it onto the website as soon as it is ready.

Attachments

• 2014 Reunion Posterlowjpg.jpg
    2014 Reunion Posterlowjpg.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 38
Bummer... dates conflict with the rally in Moab... Why did you make me have to pick... ?? (I live about 3 hours from Moab...).

Ok, has anybody looked at a map of this country since the early 1800's? Ohio isn't even mid, let alone midwest. New Mexico, Colorado, those are midwest.

Bill

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Ok, has anybody looked at a map of this country since the early 1800's? Ohio isn't even mid, let alone midwest. New Mexico, Colorado, those are midwest.

Yes, but it makes us Easterners feel like we've made a lot of progress across the country when we go there. And then there is the point that lovers of such anachronistic vehicles as Willys wagons and trucks should also enjoy geographical terms that make no sense in the modern world. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, if that's the case, then, from where I sit, it would be down south.Haha, since I'm in mid Michigan. Mid west, to me, would be the Nebraska,Wyoming, area.

For a lot of people, anything "mid" means anywhere between the two mountain ranges - from the Rockies to the Appalachians.

i was thinking on it but i do not know what all is going on ? i guess i 'll just go to local walmart and sit on the tail gate for a couple of hrs

Last edited:
What usually happens at a Midwest Willys Reunion:

lots of standing around and looking at other Willys
lots of standing around and talking to other owners
lot of parts buying and selling
a banquet with a speaker on a particular Willys topic
usually a "ride" or "convoy" around the area - driving your old Willys in a group

That's all that comes to mind in a couple of minutes.

Is there a schedule of events? I might be blind, but I can't find it on the link. Want to come but I have another conflicting event, so I'm trying to fit in 2 things and a lot of driving in between. Need to pick my battles, so trying to figure out the best schedule.

Thanks
Ken

If memory serves, the only "scheduled" events are the Saturday evening banquet and the Sunday morning ride.
Times?

If memory serves, the only "scheduled" events are the Saturday evening banquet and the Sunday morning ride.
Times?

John, I talked to Bob, Friday is mainly meet and greet and getting set up in the parking lot, from I think noon until when ever.
Saturday everything starts at 8 am until whenever. Speakers at around 11, 1 ish, and I think about 3. The dinner at around 5 or 5:30.
Sunday starts at 8 or 8:30 again. I think a Sunday morning ride to where? I have no idea.
Many venders and swaps I believe all 3 days.
I guess mainly, B.S.ing and checking everyone's rides out and meeting people. We will be there, sounds like a good time.

Tom

Thanks guys. Right now I'm going to try and make it as a spectator Saturday afternoon.

Take lots of pics so the rest of us can live vicariously through you... I'd love to make it to this event at some point...

Pete

Back