Heater info

Here is the one in my 51 truck...Hadees Heater Model 254A.jpg.....i.took it apart put new 12v motor and blade in it new wiring harness and dash switch then gave it a shot of paint ...IMG_3040.jpg.....it does work pretty good but it is rather loud in operation but nothing to be done about it due to the design and available parts that fit it. ...but better then nothing..!!!

Larry

Hey Willy001, I need the defrost duct and thr right side trim piece if they are for sale , let me know what ya want for em. I found a truck in a junk yard in Albion ill, yesterday I got the heater and grill support rods from it, ill post pics of that heater when I get it cleaned up. natch, the fender I need is long gone.

the knobs on front panels are gonna be tricky to find , i got it in mail today, evapo rust here i come

Hey Willy001, I need the defrost duct and thr right side trim piece if they are for sale , let me know what ya want for em. I found a truck in a junk yard in Albion ill, yesterday I got the heater and grill support rods from it, ill post pics of that heater when I get it cleaned up. natch, the fender I need is long gone.
Randy, Sorry can’t help you with the parts you need. Only selling complete units.

Hi there,
I have Harrison ID tags that are reproductions. You can see the new ones and the old ones. Looks like you have a Harrison 440-51. Those were out of p/u's and wagons. I do have some parts and I do recondition them. Handles are a hard find but I have been using old retro metal cabinet handles from ebay. The heater cores are very expensive to replace or repair because of them being round. I have been fitting them with square heater cores, modifing the housing and using a differant blower fan. The blower fan motors are costly to rebuild cuz of the 6 voltIMG_5232.jpg and nobody makes a motor to fit the 2.75 mounting hole in the center. I'm working on one now. I have more pics in an article in a earlier forum chat. Here is the heading "Harrison Heater Rebuild" Harrison Data Plate.jpgHarrison Data Plate.jpg

Last edited:
Here is the one in my 51 truck...View attachment 46605

That's hilarious!
HaDees is a great name for a heater! It's a play on the Greek word Hades (pronounced Hay-deez), which in some circles is another word for Hell.
You've probably heard the phrase, "Hotter than Hades."

c9636ddc2b26ed712e399de638833e8a.jpg

Last edited:
That's hilarious!
HaDees is a great name for a heater! It's a play on the Greek word Hades (pronounced Hay-deez), which in some circles is another word for Hell.
You've probably heard the phrase, "Hotter than Hades."

View attachment 46655

Yes i have heard that phrase......but thing is ...i live in PHX AZ ...where that .....is an ..UNDERSTATEMENT....!! ...i tell people

......where i live it gets hotter than the Hinges of HELL...!!

My heater does work pretty good ....all 3 times i have used it..!!... but is so Damned noisy ....i cant have it on more than 20 mins or so even on low .... noise is almost too much..!!
Damn thing is a giant resonance box that greatly amplifes sound ....might put some.. rubber lining or.. dynamit.. in it to see if i can quiet it down some .....cant change motors with out rebuilding whole damn interior structure of the thing. good thing is i dont need it for another 4 months or so give me time to find a solution.

Larry

If you google HaDees and go to the images tab, you'll see a heater just like yours. Click through to the web site and you'll see it's offered for sale for $45 and the guy says the fan is quiet and works in all three speeds. No idea if the ad is current or legit, but it might be worth a look.

Question is going to be standard stock 6V or 12V conversion like mine is..?? i suspect the 6v motor is turning lot slower and quieter...where as the new 12V motor i have now is very loud.. but i will look at it anyways see what it is.

Larry

Thanks for the info Ted will come in handy ! im trying to redo 2 now, looks like one has pusher fan and other pulls

I also started am ambitious hoarding of heaters and parts to redo a bunch. I’ve got tons of leftovers in cincy including 3d printed louvre handles and nos motors

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wonder Willys ,you wouldn't have a defrost plenum set up for the Harrison heater I posted , and the trim piece on the right hand side ?

I do come see me in Cincinnati we will work it out, better pricing if you arrive in a Willys

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got curious and found this site:
Hope it helps...

I have nothing more than an exposed (but working) heater core with a partial cover that looks to have held a fan and motor at one time. The cover and fan are completely off but I did find this one on eBay https://www.ebay.com/itm/384428862923 that resembles what is missing from mine. I just can't bring myself to spring for $391+ bucks for a rusted through cover and questionable fan. I have the ability to rebuild the fan motor and it might be worth it to someone. It even has "Willys" embossed in the metal. I'm betting that I have the remains of one of these. Maybe a photo at a later date. Trying to get this one on the road safely at the moment.

Last edited:
Looks good. And I like your dash and am envious of your steering column. That's something I'm definitely going to be changing on mine. I have the Saginaw steering box, but whoever did the swap out has the steering shaft nearly against the engine mount. Since the heater core I have is flowing nicely and there is no signs of cobbling it in, I"m pretty convinced it was dealer installed and a PO just removed the rest of the housing and blower. Probably the blower quit, but I have nothing more than an educated guess on it. Since it spent it's whole life in Bakersfield it probably generated enough warmth just sitting there. If the heater in mine was a dealer installed "Willys" badged item, I'm going to bet that the chance of me finding one at a "reasonable cost" is about zilch. For now, the search continues. I seriously doubt I would actually use it much here in Southern California I have plenty of time to hunt for one.

Well, I finally found the time to shoot a pic of what I have left, basically the core (which is intact amazingly enough) and the backside of the housing. I'm nearly tempted to buy the overpriced, IMO, one on eBay simply because it has the Willys logo and I believe could be restored. I have since found that these were made by a company that called themselves "Deluxe". Photo's of the deluxe turned up in a photo search from the pics from the eBay ad. Apparently these were re-badged by whoever was installing them. Seems that the majority I'm finding are out of Ford trucks. Only 391 bucks and maybe I can restore it for mine.. 1st photo is of my heaters remains, 2nd photo is the $391 on eBay and the third is a "DeLuxe" on eBay also. I guess the heater isn't a major concern just yet.

Attachments

• heater.jpg
    heater.jpg
    259.6 KB · Views: 6
  • Willyss-l1600.jpg
    Willyss-l1600.jpg
    128.9 KB · Views: 6
  • deluxes-l1600.jpg
    deluxes-l1600.jpg
    138.8 KB · Views: 6
Back