Suggestion Box

retmotor said:
Suggestion: I don't know if phpBB supports Multi-Quote, but it would be a handy time saver (for me anyway) :mrgreen:

Brian-

This is a mod I can add to the forum. I had it on here at one point, but left it off in the last upgrade. I will look into it again...

Pete

[/quote]...This is a mod I can add to the forum. I had it on here at one point, but left it off in the last upgrade. I will look into it again...[/quote]

Hey, if it takes more than a few minutes of tinkering, don't worry about it. I'd rather you spend your time with the family or tinkering on the wagon.

Can you set links to automatically open in a new window? Don't know how many times I closed my browser after looking at a pic here, DOH! I am used to vBulletin that opens all links in a new window. That way we don't lose our place here when viewing threads. Just a thought.

~Chuck

Chuck Smith said:
Can you set links to automatically open in a new window? Don't know how many times I closed my browser after looking at a pic here, DOH! I am used to vBulletin that opens all links in a new window. That way we don't lose our place here when viewing threads. Just a thought.

~Chuck

I think this can be done in your browser,,,,

RWise said:
...I think this can be done in your browser,,,,

I was thinking the same thing but I quit Microsoft a while ago. IIRC you could tell IE to open a new window or tab with a right click.

Yes that is what I do now, not to lose my place on the Forum. Most forum sites don't want to send visitors or members away, so by default, ALL links open in a new window. I know with vBulletin it is just a box to check in the Admin area.

~Chuck

On a forum that I frequent about the old CRT projectors that is hosted by an individual rather than a company as I believe this site is the members will voluntarily PayPal a small percentage of anything that they sell via the classifieds to the web site host as a way to help with cost. This is not mandatory but I believe most of the members participate when they sell something. This might be something to throw out there.

The Doge said:
On a forum that I frequent about the old CRT projectors that is hosted by an individual rather than a company as I believe this site is the members will voluntarily PayPal a small percentage of anything that they sell via the classifieds to the web site host as a way to help with cost. This is not mandatory but I believe most of the members participate when they sell something. This might be something to throw out there.

Dan-

Yes, this site is hosted by an individual, that would be me... :shock: I love the idea of members pitching in however they can, because it gives everyone a sense of ownership and builds community. Whether it is posting great info for the reference or tech sections of the site, subscribing to the All-Star Group, or whatever, every bit helps make this a great site. If you feel compelled to donate a percentage of your classifieds proceeds, I won't say no... :thumbup:

The forum has grown leaps and bounds, and at some point we will outrun the hosting package limits and I will have to pony up for a more expensive option. For now it is working though, thanks to the All-Star members and their subscription donations.

Enjoy!

Pete

i would like to see more articles and write ups on the articles tab. I know that newer published info about willys pickups and wagons can be difficult. i would of course like to see willys be more of a staple in the old car community and get more exposure overall.

Idea Pete. How about all you guys load up your Willy's come here to Michigan and we will have a heck of a good time with food, drinks and wrenching.
Tom
:cheers:

i would like to see more articles and write ups on the articles tab. I know that newer published info about willys pickups and wagons can be difficult. i would of course like to see willys be more of a staple in the old car community and get more exposure overall.

Always happy to have input for articles... Guest write-ups are welcome, event coverage, etc.

Just drop me a note if you see something interesting.

Pete

Idea Pete. How about all you guys load up your Willy's come here to Michigan and we will have a heck of a good time with food, drinks and wrenching.
Tom
:cheers:

Would love to... But not sure it is in the cards in the next few years. Would be great to make one of the east coast or Midwest events at some point. I hear there is cold beer at your place Tom... :)

Pete

Would love to... But not sure it is in the cards in the next few years. Would be great to make one of the east coast or Midwest events at some point. I hear there is cold beer at your place Tom... :)

Pete

pete if you can make it to the midwest willys reunion in Jefferson city (mainly cause thats the one i can make it to) i will buy you some beers...let me know.

Pete

Always cold ones in the Frigidare.

Hi Pete. Idea that may work, on some of the other forums that I visit, they have a thread section on travel/adventure /weekend trips. I enjoy reading peoples travel stories and it would make it easier for people to check out stories on willys travels. It just takes so long to look through pages and pages in the general thread section.
Thanks Markrh

First let me say this site is addicting I love it when I'm not playing with my new to me 63 wagon I'm on the site.
The members map, it would be nice if the members map was more of a list state by state only because it's hard to pick through all the little red pins especially in my home state of Calif.
Also it would be nice to have instructions on how to upload photos to the site , I know most young guys have no problem but a retired Lineman / full time farmer isn't as computer savvy as some . Thanks again for an awesome site love it and all the nice folks it draws........Dan

First let me say this site is addicting I love it when I'm not playing with my new to me 63 wagon I'm on the site.
The members map, it would be nice if the members map was more of a list state by state only because it's hard to pick through all the little red pins especially in my home state of Calif.
Also it would be nice to have instructions on how to upload photos to the site , I know most young guys have no problem but a retired Lineman / full time farmer isn't as computer savvy as some . Thanks again for an awesome site love it and all the nice folks it draws........Dan

Dan-

The Member's Map is an add-on application to the forum software, and it has very little in the way on controls/options. It simply uses your IP geo-location to put your pin on the map. Some of the pins are WAY off too, so you may have to find your pin, usually right in the center of the window and with an "H" in the pin-head, and drag it to your location. I too with it was better...

There are many ways to post pictures...

First, click on the little picture icon in the tool bar. It says "insert image" if you hover your mouse over the icon. This will open a popup window that give you two options:

1: From URL- If you have your photos hosted off-site (photobucket, etc), you can simply paste the URL of the photo into the space in the popup window.

2: From Computer- If your images are on your computer's hard drive, click on the "from computer" tab at the top of the popup window. Then click browse, and select the image files from your hard drive.

That is all there is to it...

Pete

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Pete

Thanks for all the work on the forum ! Would love to have a T shirt or ball cap with the site logo on it added to the Forum store . Great way to advertise also.

Ken

Now why would Pete go to Michigan when I live an hour away from the Rubicon trail ? is there the most famous trail in the world there also ? LOL !

Back