Sep 17, 2009
Hailey, Idaho
First Name
Pete
Willys Model
  1. Wagon
Willys Year:
  1. 1960
I've been driving by this for 40 years... I decided a couple of days ago to stop and check it out. It wasn't until I hiked through the brush and got closer that I found it was a Willys delivery wagon. It is far enough from the highway that it looked morel like an old Divco or something. Maybe because the roof is flattened from a roll-over. Nothing there but the body. Front end still on it but buried in the sage. No frame or running gear.

IMG_1106.jpg

IMG_1109.jpg

IMG_1104.jpg

IMG_1107.jpg

Looks like a nice resting place for the wagon.
I agree with Major Tom.
"Did ya get the gas cap?"

That looked like it was ready for continued life on another wagon

Great shots. You dont have them at a higher resolution some where do you as good enough for my desktop background?

Gojeep said:
Great shots. You dont have them at a higher resolution some where do you as good enough for my desktop background?
Nope, they are phone camera shots... I didn't have my other camera with me that day.

Pete

Those round delivery wheelwells are hard to come by. Any chance you might be able to save them?

jnichols said:
The rear doors don't look to bad, I might be tempted to find the landowner if I lived nearby.

The landowner may say: "it ran when i parked it" :D
or:
"its fore sale, rust in the usual places" :shock:

If the Willys could ever talk....What a story it would be......I hope it can stay unmolested for many more years to come....laying in tribute to it's amazing journey. Reminding us all that even at the end of the road, this Willy's has a beautiful patina and a graceful stance. Some people would call it trash or junk, others would look at it for the scap metal...But my eyes... see it as art.
Thanks for the post.

What I find truly amazing, is the amount of unoccupied space surrounding these abandoned relics. Here in New England, if there isn't a house on a piece of ground, then it's covered with trees, or it's a small working farm (very few of these left, too). How vastly different is the country, in which we live !!

Later...

Lee

Back