Bigger Hammer
    First Name
    Daniel
    Year
    Model
    Wagon
    Post Thanks / Like

Fuel pump block plate

I have a L226 that I've already converted to electric fuel and wipers. Is there any reason I can't just block of the fuel pump cavity on the block?

First Name
    Bryce
    Year
    Model
    Pickup
    Post Thanks / Like
    thats what was done on mine. if you havent already done that arnt you getting a good sized oil leak? or have you not ran it yet? but yes when we got the truck the pump was already replaced with an electric one. they made a gasket and plate to cover the original location. it has worked fine for me. i might go to a stock pump someday. and if you havent ran it yet you may find that you need a fuel pressure regulator (if you dont have one) we had an issue with it till i got one of those. Seems to me like the pressure was suppose to be around 2.5...id have to look at my notes to be certain. i am sure someone else around here knows.
    Flat Rate Auggie - Dont scratch my rust!
    Help finding this old Gasser! - http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=690676

Bigger Hammer
    First Name
    Daniel
    Year
    Model
    Wagon
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yep got the good sized oil leak for sure. Which is why I want to block it off. I don't have a regulator but it seems to be working fine without it. I'll probably get one to be on the safe size. Planning on digging in and starting my build build but I keep trying to keep it drivable cause it's so much fun. I think this weekend might be the one where I really start to tear into it.

First Name
    Bryce
    Year
    Model
    Pickup
    Post Thanks / Like
    yea i wanted to keep mine driveable. but my front and rear main seals was toast. i was getting about 15 miles to a quart of oil. and that gets expensive. so i pulled the 226 to rebuild it. i should have it back on the road in the next month. then i can work on other projects and actually have something to drive. keep us updated.
    Flat Rate Auggie - Dont scratch my rust!
    Help finding this old Gasser! - http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=690676

First Name
    Ron
    Model
    Pickup
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mine had a block plate on the engine, with the fuel being supplied by an electric pump, which I have since discarded. I put a new mechanical fuel pump back on, as I wanted to maintain the originality of the vehicle. The plate btw is/was sold at a local kragens.