Thread: Fuel pump block plate

Bigger Hammer
    First Name
    Daniel
    Year
    Model
    Wagon

Fuel pump block plate

I have a L226 that I've already converted to electric fuel and wipers. Is there any reason I can't just block of the fuel pump cavity on the block?

First Name
    Bryce
    Year
    Model
    Pickup
    thats what was done on mine. if you havent already done that arnt you getting a good sized oil leak? or have you not ran it yet? but yes when we got the truck the pump was already replaced with an electric one. they made a gasket and plate to cover the original location. it has worked fine for me. i might go to a stock pump someday. and if you havent ran it yet you may find that you need a fuel pressure regulator (if you dont have one) we had an issue with it till i got one of those. Seems to me like the pressure was suppose to be around 2.5...id have to look at my notes to be certain. i am sure someone else around here knows.
    Auggie - Dont scratch my rust!
    Help finding this old Gasser! - http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=690676

Bigger Hammer
    First Name
    Daniel
    Year
    Model
    Wagon
    Yep got the good sized oil leak for sure. Which is why I want to block it off. I don't have a regulator but it seems to be working fine without it. I'll probably get one to be on the safe size. Planning on digging in and starting my build build but I keep trying to keep it drivable cause it's so much fun. I think this weekend might be the one where I really start to tear into it.

First Name
    Bryce
    Year
    Model
    Pickup
    yea i wanted to keep mine driveable. but my front and rear main seals was toast. i was getting about 15 miles to a quart of oil. and that gets expensive. so i pulled the 226 to rebuild it. i should have it back on the road in the next month. then i can work on other projects and actually have something to drive. keep us updated.
    Auggie - Dont scratch my rust!
    Help finding this old Gasser! - http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=690676

First Name
    Ron
    Model
    Pickup
    Mine had a block plate on the engine, with the fuel being supplied by an electric pump, which I have since discarded. I put a new mechanical fuel pump back on, as I wanted to maintain the originality of the vehicle. The plate btw is/was sold at a local kragens.