Age poll, tell us how young you are here.

29. Still searching for my dream Truck. (Late 62-63, preferably with a 230). :)

Last edited:
33 here. I'll probably be 60 by the time my pickup is done

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

44. It ain't the vintage, it's the mileage (and the occasionally botched design and assembly work from the factory)

Be 58 in April. My first rig was a 58 FC-150 I got just before I turned 16. I want it back!

Well put it this way .... I remember the first American in space, Kennedy being shot, The Beatles on Ed Sullivan, The muppets on Ed Sullivan, Martin Luther King "I've got a dream", Malcolm X being shot, Martin being shot, Cashus Clay, Bobby being shot, The Vietnam War, the '69 Mets ....... was born in 1958 .............

I remember all the things Hedgehog listed. And I remember 1958, although vaguely. And I'm not as old as this might sound, but I do remember steam powered locomotives hauling freight on the track behind our house when I was a little kid, and laying pennies on the track so they could squash them - and then try to find them. But there were diesels, too. I remember that Elm Farm Dairy delivered milk on our road early in the morning, and the vehicle used was pulled by a horse. And the guy that carried the glass milk bottles to the stoop wore a white uniform. I remember when Dwight Eisenhower was President. But I'm not as old as my 1948 pickup.

Yep, milkman delivered milk to your door in glass bottles and my uncle Joe was the breadman that brought us bread every day or two. I can remember my dad shaking the milk before opening to mix the remaining butterfat that floated to the top. Peanut butter had a puddle of oil on top that you had to mix in but it still tore your bread to pieces trying to spread it. My Willys is 69 years old but I'm only 66 and we're equally rusty. matty49

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

:) for a little while I WAS the milk boy. ..... Have you ever noticed that the pouring milk on commercials is usually in a glass bottle. I still generally shake my milk up before pouring. It ALWAYS made my x-wife mad, why I really will never know.

Back