Jan 1, 2010
Wi.
First Name
Bill
Willys Model
  1. Wagon
Willys Year:
  1. 1954
I was messing around the internet looking for Willys pics and found a couple unique ones.

Pic 1: Blow this one up as big as you can. Notice there is no back window and the logs go inside the cab!! You can see the handle of a "come-a-long" by the cab roof. So my question is how the heck does the driver get in that thing? Does he sit in the truck and hope nobody crushes his skull as they push the logs into the cab?

Pic 2: A Wagon used as an ambulance. From the looks of the other cars on the street the pic is from the '40's. It's interesting there are no markings on the Wagon even though the 2 guys working on the injured guy seem to have fireman uniforms on. The Wagon looks pretty well equipped with the big box on the tail gate plus all the stuff they have on the ground.

If anyone finds more unusual or funny Willys pics post them here. Could be a fun thread.

Enjoy,
Old Willy[attachment=1:1f8q8ld6]36.jpg[/attachment:1f8q8ld6]

Attachments

• 36.jpg
    36.jpg
    207.5 KB · Views: 173
  • wagon5.jpg
    wagon5.jpg
    145.8 KB · Views: 170
No pics, but I saw a willy's in town today, it was a '62 pickup that looks like it was kept stock and it was a beauty. I didn't have any forum stickers on me and I didn't want to see like a weirdo floating around his truck.

Gojeep said:
I wonder what chassis the truck is on? it is not a truck one that is for sure.

It looks like a wagon with a truck cab on it. The chassis looks Willys. The wheelbase and wimpy rear springs look like a wagon.

Those kinda look like bamboo trees which may be a considerably lighter wood to haul.

Back