San Francisco, California
First Name
Dan
Willys Model
  1. Wagon
Willys Year:
  1. 1964
Hi all,

Can any of you ID this model/serial number "62664" on this wagon for sale in Central Oregon? I scanned three different websites, but couldn't find anything.

2012-01-09WillysPC17.jpg

2012-01-09WillysPC15.jpg

The Wagon has the panel doors of a Delivery, but the recessed, sliding windows of a wagon. Also, the inside wheel wells are rounded (unlike a Traveller's which are flat for the fold-down jump seats). The seller mentioned that the previous owner said it was a delivery vehicle for a school district. That's a new one to me.

2012-01-09WillysPC07.jpg

2012-01-09WillysPC06.jpg

2012-01-09WillysPC04.jpg

I am considering it, but the rust on the frame is pretty bad:

2012-01-09WillysPC12.jpg

2012-01-09WillysPC13.jpg

And look: a wood board body mount:

2012-01-09WillysPC14.jpg

What do you all think?

Re: Identify this serial number on this strange wagon

That's a GSA fleet ID plate. This tells you that the US Government was the first owner. The actual serial number is on a small aluminum plate near the bottom of the drivers door post.

Odd combo with station wagon windows and delivery doors. Generally when deliveries that had windows added they were flush mounted.

Maybe,,,,,It's the original "short bus"?
Buy it you can always find a frame swap. Body looks pretty good.

The frame looks pretty good as far as what's showing in the pictures. It looks like the sheet metal that attaches the body to the frame is the problem.

Whatever it is, you should jump on it. There isn't anything there that can't be fixed, and it doesn't seem to have that bad of a rot issue. I would get it if I were you.

All the Wagons thet was made in Israel had the panel doors:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KMcGKTkv_pI&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]

Agree with first reply, that is a government ID tag, not the manufacturer one. Look on seat riser by the drivers seat for a number that may make more sense.

I talked to Paul Berry of Willys America today about this wagon. He had taken a look at it about a year ago, and in his view, toward the end, Kaiser simply built a few wagons with the delivery panel doors. This one went to the government as others have pointed out.

Isn't it obvious? the govt. ORDERED it that way? The plate says both truck and station wagon, with a GVW rating. It must have been used as a light duty tool carrier originally. Certainly not military, Dodge made M series tool vans that were 10 times the truck that waggoneytruckything ever could be. Maintain it at the local Jeep dealer. My guess would be a government civil engineering school or agency of some sort. Carry around surveying tools off road. Did it have holes for rear seat brackets? diggerG

Back