Vintage Willys pictures

I gotta say that Willys has a very nice looking lady sitting on it....but that hood ornament will take you for everything you got and then some...take it from one who has been there and done that....the Willys is a much safer bet in the end...

MikeC

I'll bet "Seal" would agree with you, Mike!!!

Hi folks,

There is a thread over on the HAMB about vintage pics (http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=428585) and a few Willys ones have appeared too. Also, there have been a few on eBay like this one of the 1951 Chicago auto show:
$T2eC16N,!)kE9s4Z-uiMBRdcL5BYcQ~~60_3.JPG
Here is one of a Hy-Rail from the HAMB thread:

carros_antigos_09.jpg

Attachments

• carros_antigos_09.jpg
    carros_antigos_09.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 68
Woah. Did anybody notice? The grill bars say 1956 but there is a fresh air heater intake as well. That says 1957. So here we have another transitional Willys. Or modified? Probably not.

Here's a couple of when my dad was in Korea (god rest his soul). I don't know if they are Willys but they are something. These pictures were taken some time in early 1950- 1952 View attachment 10282 View attachment 10283

Hi Tom. The second pic looks to be an Old Power Wagon. I have some vintage pics of my Uncle in WWII packed up some where. Pivnic

Hi Tom. The second pic looks to be an Old Power Wagon. I have some vintage pics of my Uncle in WWII packed up some where. Pivnic
the first pic is either a wc51 or wc52 weapons carrier made by dodge

Last edited:
Roger that on the power wagon. I learned how to drive on '42 model.

Bruce

Back