1956 Willys News:
1956-02-willys-news-free-baseball-game1.jpg

1960 Surry:
1960-surrey-jeep-pink-photo.jpg

1956 Willys News / Oregon City:
1956-02-willys-news-no-fish-story.jpg

From the H.A.M.B (Oregon):

Philomath_Main_Street_ca._1950.jpg

From ewillys.com (Ferndale, California) - I frequently saw this tow truck growing up. It was usually there whenever we visited Ferndale.

1956-02-willys-news-wrecker-double-life.jpg

It's at Willys America now (the yellow one) without the boom:

Last edited:
I have a photo of my father during WW2 in an Army Jeep some where. I also have a pic. of him in a Military Harley with a side car. I have to find them and post them.

Here is one of me, sis, and mom. It was taken in the early 50's, and the 48 2a runs fine still today.

mogger7
jeep5.jpg

Here are a few more early pictures of mom, dad, me, and my sister in the 50's and the 2A now.
jeep4.jpgjeep2.jpgjeep1.jpgjeep5.jpg034.jpg

Here is my dad's 1951 wagon and boat he and my brother built in the driveway. Pic is probably from 1958 or so at Shagwon beach, Montauk Point Long Island NY. This is what started it all. I was 3 years old when I first started going fishing with them. We camped out on the beach most every weekend late spring to early fall. There was a nearby farm/ranch and sometimes you would wake up with cows walking around the tent and strolling down the beach.
538173_4168329133525_1934522318_n.jpg
Now you need all sorts of permits and they actually have numbered poles in the sand for designated spots. Wouldn't be nearly as much fun anymore.

Here is my dad's 1951 wagon and boat he and my brother built in the driveway. Pic is probably from 1958 or so at Shagwon beach, Montauk Point Long Island NY. This is what started it all. I was 3 years old when I first started going fishing with them. We camped out on the beach most every weekend late spring to early fall. There was a nearby farm/ranch and sometimes you would wake up with cows walking around the tent and strolling down the beach. Now you need all sorts of permits and they actually have numbered poles in the sand for designated spots. Wouldn't be nearly as much fun anymore.

Hi Ron. Very COOL picture and Golden Memory for You. So You've got Willys Trucks in your Blood Man! I like the Fishing Rod Holders on the front bumper! How did that boat do in the freakin Ocean? My first contact with Willys for me was with my Uncle's 50-ish Willys Wagon. I never forgot that old Wagon... And look what it did to me! Great Pic Ron! Pivnic

Love the family connections with old Willys Jeeps. :)
I know my grandfather had a couple but have never seen any photos of them unfortunately.

Yea I'm with Marcus, gotta love the stories and the connections of these. My dad had one, but it was army issue and he was in Italy

Here are a couple more pics of my dad's Jeep. It's weird but when I close the door on my truck the sound takes me all the way back to his Jeep when I was a little boy. My dad is wearing the white T shirt. I sure wish he was still with us. He would get a big kick out of my truck as it is today. :D
dads jeep.jpgWP_20140808_011.jpg

Thanks for sharing all of those family pictures with the Willys. Those truly are something special.

Her's an ad (dated 1962) from the Facebook group "Willys Jeep Trucks, Wagons, Jeepsters, CJ2A's, and FC's Gone Wild":

10991161_828168397240354_9073467205218658843_n.jpg

Back