Vintage Willys pictures

Farmers Market in Los Angeles from the Facebook page "Fiftiesville":

13680565_1452723148087000_6656545333066744836_n.jpg

I know this isn't a vintage Willys picture, but I thought it kinda belongs here. This is a Willys pickup at Carhenge in Alliance, NE.

Carhenge 04.jpg

Here's a really odd one I doubt too many people have seen. I came across it doing research. The caption on the back says 'This new 4 wheel drive vehicle has seating capacity for 8 to 10 persons or a cargo capacity of 1250 lbs.' I think with a Go-Devil, this is the Little Engine that Could...

According to the Willys America book, these were not available until 1955, but that's clearly a '49 dealer plate on the front.

Bill
P2245859.jpg

Unable to open Dan. Thx though.

Weird...not the first time had the issue of the picture showing up when posting (via link) and then come back the next morning and it doesn't work. In any case, there is now an uploaded jpg as well. Thanks for letting us know!

That did it Dan. Thx.
That picture reminds you of how pretty these were when they were new.

For those familiar with Walla Walla, here's a shot of a Willys truck in front of Colyear Motors (11 South Palouse Street) in 1959 from the H.A.M.B.:

Ben%2BHunt%2BJr's%2Bcaper%2Bcarts%2B(go-carts)%2Bon%2BPalouse%2BSt%2C%2BJul%2B1959%2B(1).JPG

Source: here. "Ben Hunt, Jr loads his locally made Caper Carts to go racing at the Safeway Parking lot on Rose Street in July 1959. File photos courtesy of the Union-Bulletin."

Photo caption states: "Colyear Motor Sales across from Hunt's shop on Palouse Street."

Attachments

• Willys Colyar Motors Seattle.jpg
    Willys Colyar Motors Seattle.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
Here's a shot of a Willys Wagon on Edmondson Avenue, Baltimore in the 1950s:

Views_98_EdmondsonAvenue_Baltimore_md_1954.jpg

Views_98_EdmondsonAvenue_Baltimore_md_1954.jpg

Photo caption: Edmondson Avenue in the fifties, after removal of trolley tracks, with three lanes of traffic. Source.

Pictures of work jeeps from a cliants of mine near philly
6ab7ad6810e6370c568a16a1689fe756.jpg
3e0c42e66ec9d45b4fe2d117b591666a.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Here's a Willys Wagon circa 1961 in Bakersfield from charlesphoenix.com via "This was AmeriCar" on Facebook:
Willys Wagon Rancho Bakersfield Hotel 1961.jpgWillys Wagon Rancho Bakersfield Hotel 2 1961.jpg

Last edited:
Here's a Willys Wagon circa 1961 in Bakersfield from charlesphoenix.com via "This was AmeriCar" on Facebook:

20228623_10154983593174426_7629955472253328353_n.jpg

Here's an enlarged and straightened version:

View attachment 38488
I had to forward this picture to my brother. This place was a frequent stop for us well into the 70's. Breakfast at about 6 am en route from Los Angeles to Pine Flat Lake, east of Fresno. Mom, Dad, myself and 3 siblings in a 66 Suburban towing a 68 Glaspar runabout. "Our last meal and flush toilets, before camping and grilling for a week." My sister's words. She hated the camping part lol. My brothers and would eat really fast then stare at my sister while she dragged out her meal.

Sorry for the babble. Great picture. I needed the memory and laugh this Monday workday.

Duane

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

here is a pic of a poster i spotted hanging in shop that i was delivering parts to the other day .....IMG_1852.jpgIMG_1853.jpg...saw this and thought ...ok ...i gotta get a pic of that to put on the forum!...Of course you know every one of these small rathole,redneck, ...Nacho Valdez ..shops i go to.,

I am always looking outside on the lot and inside and peering into the corners of the building to see what might be hiding back there or up on lift in plain sight so far i have not found any Willys ....Yet! But i did find a rolling 53 chevy truck chassis at one shop at another shop later same day i found a 56 chevy pickup
being sanded down and a 57 Chevy Bel Air with serious fire damage to hood due to backfire through the carb. So i keep eyes open as i never know what i will find or see pull into a shop for repairs. or just driving down the road.

Larry

From ewillys.com, here's a 40 minute video on the 1966 Jeepers Jamboree. Lots of great footage (and some non-Willys too):

From ewillys.com, here's a 40 minute video on the 1966 Jeepers Jamboree. Lots of great footage (and some non-Willys too):

[video=youtube;WrQpohzdxc4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WrQpohzdxc4[/video]
Great video Dan! And the soundtrack hit the spot. I laughed out loud at the road sign graffiti. I could not identify the yellow rig around the 9.20 minute mark. It kind of looked like a VW Thing. Thanks, :cheers:

Back