The Doge

Well Oiled
Jun 15, 2011
Allen, TX
Willys Model
  1. Wagon
Willys Year:
  1. 1958
I was making a run to the local City dump and saw this Wagon in a parking lot across the street. The interior looked very nice as well. I left a note on the windshield asking them to give me a call sometime so that I can get more details on the build.

Attachments

• Willys in Allen parking lot (Small).jpg
    Willys in Allen parking lot (Small).jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 355
  • Willys in Allen Parking lot 2 (Small).jpg
    Willys in Allen Parking lot 2 (Small).jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 356
Same year and color color combo as mine! Very nice, if I do say so myself. I prefer skinnier tires, that's just IMHO.

Dan; that would be me as the proud owner. I drive it to work once a week when the winds are 15 mph or less. At 70 mph on the tollway higher winds blow me around.
I got your note and will call later. I would be happy to meet for lunch or stop by to see what you have going on with your project.
I have a build thread of sorts, but would recommend more pics as you work on your wagon.

Gary Germain

It occured to me last might that they might have been your wagon. Not too many around. I have not done much on mine lately. I've been installing a natural gas heater and air compressor in the garage. Will hopefully have that done today and can get back to the wagon. I have all of the parts to replace the clutch and once that is done I should be able to move it around some. It would be great if you can come over after that and take a look and provide some suggestions on how to proceed. It would be even better if you could bring your wagon so the wife and son could see a finished product.
Dan

mladen.caver said:
Not quite sure, but me thinks the owner is a member of this forum. Pete, others, any guess?

Yes, I knew it was someone from round the corner :mrgreen: Germain, it is!!! Great wagon! (I recognize the wagons of most of the users when I see them although I'm thousands of miles away from most of you :cool: )

Jeff: VA Gen II supercooler, works well about 98 deg or less, above that cools well, bot heat load on radiator will push engine temp to 230(5.7L 1999 chevy, computer controls) if you don't have a large radiator. I put a 29 inch in just as the 100+ temps ended, so I will not get a temp test till next summer. Option two if you are still in the planning stage is an under body remote condenser with elec fan, no heat load added to radiator.

Dan, I guess schools out now so I could come by one day this week at my lunch break, can be a long lunch no problem. Best if it's not raining, unless you have a covered spot to use. I'll take your number with me, and check the wind/rain forcast for the week, and call you.

Gary

Sweet truck Germain! Do you still have the stock radiator in yours? I am building a 60 2wd with the original 226 and am getting ready to start putting it back together (The upholstery shop is holding it hostage). The reason I ask is I will be trying to find a evaporator to fit. I am running the Vintage air Gen IV in mine. I have the double lower pulley and have made the waterpump pulley. We removed the heaterbox and cleaned up the firewall.
When I chose the colers for mine, I thought it would be unique, but it looks like great minds think alike. HA!

David.

Dan, I guess schools out now so I could come by one day this week at my lunch break, can be a long lunch no problem. Best if it's not raining, unless you have a covered spot to use. I'll take your number with me, and check the wind/rain forcast for the week, and call you.

Gary,
Another forum member had e-mailed me that he is originally from Plano and will be back in the area over the holidays and wanted to come by and see my wagon. I told him that maybe we can arrange for you to come by at the same time and he would be able to see what the completed product should look like. I will let you know what arrangments we come up with and see if you are available.
Dan

This is a post that makes me proud....members posting other members ride and not knowing who the owners was....plus the fact the Wagon is being DRIVEN!!!!!! Nice Job all around.

Back