Where was your Willys today?

Ya we bought our sons one to use on ski trips and snowmobiling. Now there Mom is shaking her head and yelling slow down at the TV screen . :shock:

Pete said:
Midnightburn said:
...I asked my family to buy me an HD GoPRO video camera...
The go-pro cameras are very cool... I want one too. I'm just using an inexpensive flip and a beat up old digital camera that barely works. I'd love to be able to do images and clips with better quality.
Pete

Pete, what software do you use for your editing,adding music and captions. The always look good

Randy

TinkerToyII said:
Pete said:
Midnightburn said:
...I asked my family to buy me an HD GoPRO video camera...
The go-pro cameras are very cool... I want one too. I'm just using an inexpensive flip and a beat up old digital camera that barely works. I'd love to be able to do images and clips with better quality.
Pete

Pete, what software do you use for your editing,adding music and captions. The always look good

Randy
Photoshop for stills and iMovie on a Mac for video.

Pete

I actually spent Friday and Saturday getting the snow plow on the CJ-3B (pics if anyone is interested), but I took some time to experiment with paint for the Wagon, having bought a couple colors to try from Amazon.

I've decided the Wagon's original Pizza and Snow Plowing paint job can't be saved as there's lots of rust to take care of and then paint and ...
So
I took an idea from a 1934 Chevy stakebed that my uncle restored back in the 1970s. Find the darkest green you can for the body and do the fenders in black. It looked great. Here's my first test. Of course it looks much better than the picture.
[attachment=0:xk0b6rcp]wagon_paint_1_small.jpg[/attachment:xk0b6rcp]
The dark green is Rustoleum Charleston Green and the black is . . . well . . . black.
Next year some sanding, soda blasting, etc. and then paint. We'll see.
The lighter green to the left of the 4 Wheel Drive badge is Rustoleum Dark Hunter Green. Not very dark in my book.

Attachments

• wagon_paint_1_small.jpg
    wagon_paint_1_small.jpg
    165.6 KB · Views: 229
Re: Today I left the driveway

Brant said:
Today I left the driveway, and drove once around the whole block.

http://s165.photobucket.com/albums/u52/ ... iPhone.mp4

Hey Brant

I love that fenderless look of your Willys Jeep Wagon. All you need are some wide white walls and some red wheels and we would be looking at an oldschool hot rod..only 4 wheel drive. Video turned out great.
Thanks for sharing
MikeC

[attachment=0:28zod9vw]Kayak 001.jpg[/attachment:28zod9vw]
I've been slow...I do have the hood on, but my blood pressure (high) has slowed the project...it's still sitting and not moving, soon I hope it will move under it's own power.

Attachments

• Kayak 001.jpg
    Kayak 001.jpg
    332.2 KB · Views: 206
  • Kayak 001.jpg
    Kayak 001.jpg
    332.2 KB · Views: 184
Hey Kevin,

Did you build that kayak?
It looks really nice.
What pattern did you use?
I want a pic of you in it on the water.

Dropping my son off for his first run of the season... Hiking up with the Devo Team.

warmsprings02.jpg

Pete

Last edited by a moderator:
Pete said:
Doesn't get much better than this... the Sawtooth Mountains in a Willys. View full screen for your viewing pleasure-

[youtube:1otk0zzy]_-sZpWHAjtw[/youtube:1otk0zzy]

You guys are falling behind, post your pics... :thumbup:

Pete
:thumbup:

willysworker said:
After modifications during the summer months, I just new my old Willys would be great in the snow.

Snowed last night. yea haw! Even though it's been parked all summer it started right up. I took it out for a little spin.......

:)

Ha! You had me going there for a minute. This is what it looks like outside my office window right now... And I drove my wagon to work today... It'll be an interesting drive home-
P

winterketchum.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
willysworker said:
Looks perfectly marvelous. Enjoy the drive.

It's the wipers that I'm worried about... but my new defrost and heater are working great so I'm hoping it will keep up with the downfall.

P

*+%# stock wipers. I haven't gotten very far on my wiper conversion. I'm going to have to pull the vintage air unit out to get the new wiper cable drive tubing above it. Maybe next weeks project.

In a little bit of snow running to get the Sunday paper.

Attachments

• cabinrunsnow.jpg
    cabinrunsnow.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 192
GreenMtnMan said:
It appears Nailhead has another 4x4 Maverick?

Nope, I bought her back in 1992 minus engine and trans from a really cool surfer dude in Hayward Ca. Put her in mothballs until last year when I bought an extremely well running but extremely rusty wagon that came out of New York. Damn that salt.

With the help of a few friends we did a body swap in one day. Now its a driver. :cheers:

Sadly it is not a true 4x4 Maverick.

Back