Where was your Willys today?

"Life" hasn't been good to me this Summer so I haven't spent much time with my Willys. However, today was sunny, warm, and I had the day off so I got out the Wagon and spent a couple happy hours cruising the back roads. I tried to get some Fall color pics, but the trees haven't peaked here yet. I stopped by a neat old barn. Also stopped by the dried corn fields that are now being harvested. Soon the corn will be on your dinner plate or in your gas tank as Gasohol !!!

Pete--Your mountain pics are awesome but that snow scares the _____ out of me!! I'm still faced with raking a ton of leaves when they fall soon and then that white stuff will be here for several months. Not my idea of fun!!!

[attachment=3:3a53vmil]DCP_0018_1.JPG[/attachment:3a53vmil][attachment=2:3a53vmil]DCP_0009_1.JPG[/attachment:3a53vmil][attachment=1:3a53vmil]DCP_0011_1.JPG[/attachment:3a53vmil][attachment=0:3a53vmil]DCP_0003_1.JPG[/attachment:3a53vmil]

Don't forget you can click the pic to make it bigger,
Old Willy

Attachments

• DCP_0018_1.JPG
    DCP_0018_1.JPG
    163.3 KB · Views: 308
  • DCP_0009_1.JPG
    DCP_0009_1.JPG
    134.1 KB · Views: 236
  • DCP_0011_1.JPG
    DCP_0011_1.JPG
    129.5 KB · Views: 213
  • DCP_0003_1.JPG
    DCP_0003_1.JPG
    223.4 KB · Views: 217
Well, while it didn't move, I did get the blinker situation figured out, so next week I'll be registered and leagal so I can get out and about. I may have to drive on the shoulder of a back road just to say I went "off road" but I'll be out there. Way out there. :lol:
Steve

Out last night looking for deer with my son...

kellycreek11-05-a.jpg

And, upping the ante with video... :thumbupleft:

[video=youtube;o83RGsEB3iU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o83RGsEB3iU[/video]
Enjoy-

Pete

Last edited by a moderator:
Pete,
The detail with which you painted the Willys in to that picture is outstanding. It looks so real. :lol: Ok, Ok, just kidding. Great shot. I don't see a video though.

Did ya find deer? I found one on the road this morning...sorta. :eek:

Well, it's 1320 hrs here. I think i'm going home early. Chat at ya'll later.
Steve

aquawilly54 said:
Pete,
The detail with which you painted the Willys in to that picture is outstanding. It looks so real. :lol: Ok, Ok, just kidding. Great shot. I don't see a video though.

Did ya find deer? I found one on the road this morning...sorta. :eek:

Well, it's 1320 hrs here. I think i'm going home early. Chat at ya'll later.
Steve

Didn't see even one track... but the hike and views were outstanding.

Is the video clip not displaying? It does for me...

Here's a link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o83RGsEB3iU

Pete

well, it shows up on the ol' home computer. I was diggin' the sky.
Oh I need some trails...Baaaaaaaaad. :D

Thanks Pete.

Oh... holy smokes....first of all the last shot of your hood with the moon on the left is fantastic...second...you walked to far from your Wagon for me...I would need a 4 wheeler and lots of oxygen, plus a half a pack of cig's and 12 pack of beer :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Thirdly, I saw NO beer cans in the ditches, won't see that in north georgia...which isn't right!!! :evil:
Fourthly, where I come from that's called road hunting (except for your mtn. walk) and/or shinning for deer....I love it...great pic's and video!
Come on folks, Pete has set the bar HIGH...who can top it! :mrgreen: Green with envy!

Me and the wagon drove to the local auto store last night. Does that count? :lol:

aquawilly54 said:
Me and the wagon drove to the local auto store last night. Does that count? :lol:

Only if you took pictures... :)

Pete

does it count if i use my 63 jeep pickup to pickup a waterpump to rebuild for a FC 170? no i don't know how to take pictures and post them. us old codgers can fix jeeps but this digital stuff is tough!

Hey Pete,

When you're out there at night in the Willys and you see a deer remember to roll down the window BEFORE you shoot!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I've heard the glass companies here in Wisconsin see an increase in business every year at deer season!!!!

Old Willy

Old Willy said:
Hey Pete,

When you're out there at night in the Willys and you see a deer remember to roll down the window BEFORE you shoot!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I've heard the glass companies here in Wisconsin see an increase in business every year at deer season!!!!

Old Willy

Funny, but I think in Idaho the glass companies benefit from the rednecks who forget to roll down the window when they chuck a beer bottle... :cheers:

Pete

In my garage where it has been for the last two weeks since I bought it, waiting to be work on

IMG-20111013-00041.jpg

Doesn't get much better than this... the Sawtooth Mountains in a Willys. View full screen for your viewing pleasure-

[video=youtube;_-sZpWHAjtw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-sZpWHAjtw[/video]

You guys are falling behind, post your pics... :thumbup:

Pete

Last edited by a moderator:
Pete, Great video :thumbupleft: Your getting real creative with them. Looking forward to your next one.

Terry

P.S. Hopefully I'll be able to make some of my own memories in my wagon with in the next year.

Pete, the video is absolutely cool! It brings back so many memories of living in Lake Tahoe with my first Willys wagon. Thanks for posting.

BTW, I asked my family to buy me an HD GoPRO video camera. I can't wait because I will be able to video short drives and enjoy them over and over. I can't enjoy long drives because I can't handle the pain. This is going to be so much fun.

Thanks again.

Midnightburn said:
...I asked my family to buy me an HD GoPRO video camera...

The go-pro cameras are very cool... I want one too. I'm just using an inexpensive flip and a beat up old digital camera that barely works. I'd love to be able to do images and clips with better quality.

Pete

Back