Where was your Willys today?

Not sure what's more of a tease -Floyd's unveiling or the OWF ads for single women over 50? I did happen to spot a sweet looking lifted truck with a shiney new paint job in the Moab pics...

Our Willys came out of the workshop for the first time, since last summer. My son is graduating High School this week and we wanted the Willys to be apart of the celebration! We put all body work on hold about three weeks ago and started to reassemble all the pieces that we have aquired in the last two years. (Washington, Colorado, Wyoming, Alabama, New Jersey, Massachusetts, Pennsylvania, Ohio, just to name a few) We had some initial clutch engagement issues, but our friend came over and made some adjustments for us and the truck seems to be shifting fine now. We are going to take it on its longest drive since we got it. I hope 6 miles round-trip is not to far for our novice mechanical skills. The other hope is not getting ticketed for no brakes, lights, seat belts, etc.....
3bc968dc94932a74e990cb3352795008.jpg

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

Uptown car show

20180526_125041.jpg20180526_125055.jpgI took Eugene to a car show today in Hartwell Ga. about 20 min. from my home. They close off the main street and detour traffic around the downtown square. They take these shows seriously in my area. He fit in nicely with all the muscle cars and street rods and got a lot of attention, especially from the kids. There is something about an old Willys that attracts kid like a magnet. I love it!!!:cool: I don't know why the site will not let me upload pics but will try later. Finally got it!!

Last edited:
Our Willys came out of the workshop for the first time, since last summer. My son is graduating High School this week and we wanted the Willys to be apart of the celebration! We put all body work on hold about three weeks ago and started to reassemble all the pieces that we have aquired in the last two years. (Washington, Colorado, Wyoming, Alabama, New Jersey, Massachusetts, Pennsylvania, Ohio, just to name a few) We had some initial clutch engagement issues, but our friend came over and made some adjustments for us and the truck seems to be shifting fine now. We are going to take it on its longest drive since we got it. I hope 6 miles round-trip is not to far for our novice mechanical skills. The other hope is not getting ticketed for no brakes, lights, seat belts, etc.....

Doors

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

..... We are going to take it on its longest drive since we got it. I hope 6 miles round-trip is not to far for our novice mechanical skills. The other hope is ....not getting ticketed for no brakes, lights, seat belts, etc.....

No brakes ..?? No Headlights ..Taillights ...seatbelts..??

if you dont have none of this I would not even think bout driving it anywhere on the road Now not sure what the regs are in your area ...but am pretty sure you need brakes and working turn signals/brakelights ....if you go driving with poor or inop brakes how the Hell are you planning on stopping..?? Fred Flintstoning...?? i would get brakes in good working condition first then do some testing from 15..20 30 mph ...see if you can stop normally and in emergency.

No headlights will restrict you to daytime running ....seatbelts/lapbelts..i dunno check your local vehicle laws and see what you can get away with. it might be good idea put the doors on it as well make sure they latch shut good.

Larry

GO FOR IT! I’ll bet everyone on this forum has taken a drive in their pride an joy before they really should have. ENJOY!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GO FOR IT! I’ll bet everyone on this forum has taken a drive in their pride an joy before they really should have. ENJOY!

Nope aint gonna take that bet..!! as i,m Damn well guilty as charged..;)..!! am sure lot of others on here as well..!!

Just after i fired the yard engine up the first time on Jan 1st 2016 i drove my truck around the block ...within the confines of our neighborhood a trip of maybe a 3/4 mile loop and i then would drive it maybe once every other month or so make a couple loops then park it again. Then another year and a half passed ....and one day i went and was going to do a simple title transfer into my name ..they said nope you cant do just title,.. you gotta do it all title, plate, tags, whole 9 yards ...Shet i was not ready for all this...yet..!!....suddenly in a flash i had everything but insurance on it..!! bout a month later i had collector car insurance on it for $150 a year i also have a Youtube video of first time i broke the constraints of the neighborhood and took it out on the street on first offical drive to car show. so now been driving it what 10 months now, around town to work once in a while and mostly to local weekend car show.
now driving it on freeway occasionally to see what falls, shakes, or breaks off..!! I am hoping by this time next year i can dare drive it up to Moab UT to attend the 10th Willys Rally.

Larry

Guilty as charged. 2 minutes after I got he engine to run, I tried a quick trip around the property.. Too bad the U-joint Ubolt only had one nut on
it....My 1st break down was 100 feet from the house... Look at the photo. My new "toy" was really a "mut".

Attachments

• Willys 1st breakdown.jpg
    Willys 1st breakdown.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 41
I meant to say no brake lights.... thanks for all of the concern. Our travels were on nice quiet residential streets.

Today, we got the doors on and took her for a shorter memorial day drive to the inlaws for all the traditional fixings.

Thanks to all, that have made the sacrifice for our wonderful country!! [emoji631]
51a052682a734c57bb341209bef68f1b.jpg

Today, we got the doors on and took her for a shorter memorial day drive to the inlaws for all the traditional fixings.

If you're inlaw's live closer than the 100' of your last voyage, that's much too close.haha

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Dad’s 1943 GPW/1946 Jeep CJ2A “Sergeant Kermit” helped out with some water system repair this weekend at the off-the-grid family cabin in southeastern Humboldt County:

357F37C9-DD64-4649-AE78-4051B419A296.jpg

25E25322-6C8C-49AA-9ACC-173EB0CEFB64.jpg

F104CC08-1BB9-4E19-891D-BC9301E4B01F.jpg

Back