Sep 17, 2009
Hailey, Idaho
First Name
Pete
Willys Model
  1. Wagon
Willys Year:
  1. 1960
Grab your camera, go for a spin, and snap some pics to post...

I'll start... :D

Went for a spin in the hills this morning... looking like winter around here.
quigly10-703.jpg

quigly10-705.jpg

quigly10-708.jpg

quigly10-709.jpg

quigly10-712.jpg

quigly10-716.jpg

So, where was your Willys today?

Post pics!

Pete

Peter....oh Peter....that's cold......that kind of weather better be a few months away for us in Georgia...but I do enjoy the action shots!!! :D :D :D The last picture is the best!...How about an autograph copy of a calander????

Mine was getting the roof painted today, Jury still out as to weather i like it or not. Wanted a brighter orange pearl to go with the inferno orange base color.JUST KEEP WATCHING IN YOURE REAR ViEW<I WILL BE BEHIND YOU SOON MARV !!!

Pete, this is a fantastic idea for a thread! I love it. I hope to be able to post photos of my new Willys truck and wagon soon. :thumbup: :thumbup:

My 63 Willys Wagon (Kermit) and I just got done plowing out our Homestead from our first "real" snow" storm of this season. So far we've got 5-6 inches. It's supposed to snow until midnight. I plowed out the place because we've got company coming over for dinner tonight.

My 57 Willys Pickup is nice and warm and dry at my neighbor's large heated barn. Yesterday I welded up 15 holes in the pickup bed sides and top rail. I LOVE both my Willys trucks!

Hey Pete. I love your pictures that you took today with your wagon up in the "hills". I REALLY LOVE the last picture showing all the major MUD and MUCK on your tires! Very Cool! :cheers:

Looks beautiful! We certainly don't get snow down in this part of the country, but it is nice at least seeing pictures of it.

Pivnic said:
Hey Pete. I love your pictures that you took today with your wagon up in the "hills". I REALLY LOVE the last picture showing all the major MUD and MUCK on your tires! Very Cool! :cheers:

Pivnic-

Didn't intend to get muddy... I hate cleaning it off and it ruins the road. But this road is one of those that once you are on your way up, you are committed and there's no turning back... It got really muddy, we were axle deep in a few places until we could turn around... I was hoping the ground would be frozen up high, but no such luck. The wagon motored through the muck with ease, but I quickly found the limits of my 20 year old tires... they turned into rolling mud-ball slicks. We had to do some "road-building" with rocks to keep from sliding off the edge at one point. I was happy to get back down in one piece. Took $10 at the car wash to get most of the mud off, it was heavy clay and I bet we brought home 100 pounds of the stuff. the rear wheels were packed full beyond the springs, the space between the tire and frame was solid mud. Big mess, but we had big fun... :cheers: It ain't no trailer queen :thumbup:

Coming back down in the tracks we made going up...
quigly10-717.jpg

axle deep...
quigly10-718.jpg

Pete

Pete, you are an inspiration! I doubt I'll be getting much of that kind of muck on my Willys here in Florida, but I won't try to avoid it (they do mud racing down the highway a ways, but that's not my thing) I LOVE seeing you out on the roads, though! That's some beautiful country there in Idaho. :thumbup:

Be sure: when I get mine done (got a long way to go) I'll flood this forum with action pics! Maybe on the way to visit some of the other people on here, maybe just running down the road.

Again, thanks for the inspiration. If this rain ever stops I'll get back to work on mine again. I'm really jonesin' to get something done that's worthy of pictures!

~Bruce

Hmmm. Where were my Willys today?
I ran all over town in the 3B, running errands - bank, mechanic's shop, drug store, Home Depot, hardware store, etc. I love running around in weather like today - mid 70s and sunny.
After all those errands, I decided to pull the Wagon out and give it some air. Didn't leave the driveway, still need seats.
So I lined up the Jeeps and did a photo shoot.

Attachments

• 3_jeeps_smaller.jpg
    3_jeeps_smaller.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 319
Last edited by a moderator:
Pete said:
Pivnic said:

Pivnic-

Didn't intend to get muddy... I hate cleaning it off and it ruins the road. But this road is one of those that once you are on your way up, you are committed and there's no turning back... It got really muddy, we were axle deep in a few places until we could turn around... I was hoping the ground would be frozen up high, but no such luck. The wagon motored through the muck with ease, but I quickly found the limits of my 20 year old tires... they turned into rolling mud-ball slicks. We had to do some "road-building" with rocks to keep from sliding off the edge at one point. I was happy to get back down in one piece. Took $10 at the car wash to get most of the mud off, it was heavy clay and I bet we brought home 100 pounds of the stuff. the rear wheels were packed full beyond the springs, the space between the tire and frame was solid mud. Big mess, but we had big fun... :cheers: It ain't no trailer queen :thumbup:

Coming back down in the tracks we made going up...
quigly10-717.jpg

axle deep...
quigly10-718.jpg

Pete

Pete: I LOVE MUD. Great Pictures. My Willys Pickup actually started whining a little bit the other day wanting to get into the MUD! :lol:

Mine saw day light in the driveway. I needed to get stuff out of the attic and mop under where it is being worked on.

shapeimage_3.png

I'm diggin' it. :D

Sadly, I'm still illegal and need to figure out my blinker situation before I can register it again. Wish I had some places like that to tool around, too. Man, it's too early for snow! We're still in the high 70's here in Missouri. Woo Hooo!
Steve

It's 78 degrees and sunny here in central Mass on Columbus day The Willys and I tooled around the block to the Wachusett Aquaduct over the Assabet River and the White Cliffs, former summer residence of Daniel Wesson (yes, of Smith and Wesson fame) which is now an event hall. Both of these structures were built in the late 1800's.

[attachment=1:1k1z1623]Aquaduct.JPG[/attachment:1k1z1623]
[attachment=0:1k1z1623]White Cliffs.JPG[/attachment:1k1z1623]

Attachments

• Aquaduct.JPG
    Aquaduct.JPG
    125.7 KB · Views: 297
  • White Cliffs.JPG
    White Cliffs.JPG
    93.5 KB · Views: 270
This is a great thread Peter... I have to check it every day just to see what some of the unique places a willys might venture. My ventures are pretty blan though two times today people stopped me in parking lots to tell me about their ride after asking questions about mine.. I think the most common question is "what year is your willys" something else that always surprises me is that the people that want to talk all seem to know it is a willys. So may times I hear, my dad had truck just like that when I was little or My friend has one of those but it is the wagon version.. What a hoot it is just to drive my rough ridding old truck around as my daily driver.

Hey Pete

Does a 1965 CJ5 count as a Willys???...I didnt snap any pictures but I have spent the last 2 weeks grinding rust...replacing a rear crossmember (some rear frame issues needed to be welded also)...bolting everything back up...redo part of the rear floor so I wont die from exhaust fumes..next are the rear tub corners as the rear tail lights have no place to mount to....Got to sweat boat loads...busted a couple knuckles...and picked lots of rust out of my shorties too...I'll have to get some pictures of my rusted heap Jeep...This is my "I dont wanna use the snow blower anymore"... It so far it has gotten me thru 2 winters (but not without lots of fighting to keep things going)...so we will keep my fingers crossed for this winter coming up...:)

MikeC

Back