Jul 16, 2018
Davidson nc
First Name
Tony
Willys Model
  1. Wagon
Willys Year:
  1. 1959
Hello from North Carolina. My great grandfather worked at the Willy’s plant from the 30’s to 70 so I thought it would be great to make a Willys my first big project. After looking for a few years I went to the mountains yesterday and picked up my first Willy’s. Its a little rough but I couldn’t pass it up especially for the price. I was told it was a 59 but I can’t find the serial placard anywhere. I did find the stamp on the frame (40074). It’s a 59(what I was told)Willy’s wagon, has the 6 cylinder and it’s 4 wheel drive. Can anyone help me with the first 5 numbers?

56d9557093d3d662ed04069d33f0deef.jpg
a755175a070c8b90bdaa9af92c3a1e7a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Now that's what I call patina! Welcome.
I thought they went to the one-piece windshield sometime in 1960, but maybe yours is just missing the center divider (or I can't see it); you still have the two-window tailgate.

Welcome from Colorado, Tony. Your Wagon looks pretty good, as it looks like it's mostly surface rust, which is easier to fix. Post pics of your progress as you get further into it. Pivnic

Now that's what I call patina! Welcome.
I thought they went to the one-piece windshield sometime in 1960, but maybe yours is just missing the center divider (or I can't see it); you still have the two-window tailgate.

It does have the split window. The glass and interior trim pieces actually came with the truck, but I’m missing the exterior pieces.

Nice looking Willys. I like how straight everything looks. How is the dash and interior?

Dash looks great for not having a windshield in it. The rest of the interior is doing to need some help. I’ll try to get some pictures if it’s light out when I get home.

Could be it has an early tailgate on it. The light bracket is 1940's.
The number tag should be on the drivers side riser under the seat.
diggerG

Back