Jul 14, 2018
MN
First Name
Nathan
Willys Model
  1. Pickup
Willys Year:
  1. 1948
I’m Nate from MN, and I just purchased a 1948 Truck. It’s a 2wd and has a 283 Chevy in it. It’s in amazing shape considering it’s a MN truck. Oh, and whoever had it before me cut it up a bit and shortened the bed making a ratty style rear. I’ll probably need a lot of help on this one.......

Welcome from Colorado, Nate. What are your plans for your 'new' 48 Willys Truck? Need more info about your truck... Did the previous owner put a different chassis under the truck? Why was bed shortened, for a cab extension? Pictures will help a lot too! Pivnic

You’ll have to look at photos and decide for yourself why this was done. The guy I bought it from didn’t have much info. It looks like someone restored it maybe late 70’s early 80’s. Thats a guess based on the maroon interior carpet that had turned to green in the sun, along with the strength of mouse urine inside. First thing I did was tear the carpet out.

2EEF3D29-1125-4324-B45D-A50BF6A6ECC4.jpg9317AA7E-ADA6-43FA-8BFE-0825AF81542E.jpgForgot to add photos of the interior, I really wish I could share the smell from inside with you as well :(

View attachment 46641View attachment 46642Forgot to add photos of the interior, I really wish I could share the smell from inside with you as well :(

Nope....No Thanks...Been there done that..!!

Something like knocking a buzzard off a Sh!t wagon at at 20 paces..?? which is probably mild ...considering the fact bout a year ago...i went to a cleanup job of a Hoarders house..!! with 4-5 cats 3 dogs 2 racoons...God knows what other animals.....me and 5 others was there for a week ...i swear... you needed 3 showers at night to get that stink off of you..!!
Plastic suits, respirators, gloves did little to shield you from it ...permeated everything ...almost had to throw those clothes away after that job ..!! one trick that works is Vicks Vapor Rub ..little swipe under your nose and you can work for a few hours.....bout only thing i can think of to top that would be a decomposing body.

Larry

Thinking about selling, this is probably out of my league, in both skill and $, as far as pulling/rebuilding motors, etc. The motor does run, but spews oil out the bottom only when running. I want to keep it whole, I don't really want to part something like this out. What should I ask?

Back