Likes Likes:  19
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Where do you put your coffee cup or water bottle?

First Name
    Carter
    Year
    Model
    Wagon
    Post Thanks / Like

Where do you put your coffee cup or water bottle?

Has anyone added something in their cab for holding cups, water bottles, and/or misc. odds and ends like sunglasses? My water bottle is forever rolling off the seat. And forget about having a cup of coffee on your way; about the only place to hold it when it's time to shift is between your legs. So what clever ideas have folks come up with?

2. Likes vintagetrk, Broken Wagon liked this post
    Sharpest-Tool
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bought this 20 years ago. haven't seen anything like it since. It is perfect for a Willys. The center compartment is insulated as for cold cans pr bottles as well.
    Attached Images Attached Images

First Name
    Larry
    Year
    Model
    Pickup
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Lookout Ranch;142188]Has anyone added something in their cab for holding cups, water bottles, and/or misc. odds and ends like sunglasses? My water bottle is forever rolling off the seat. And forget about having a cup of coffee on your way; about the only place to hold it when it's time to shift is between your legs. ...../QUOTE]

Not exactly my idea of ...Hot Nuts..!!...or burning desire...!!

Here is what i came up with and built for the White Beast bout 3 years ago or so...IMG_20161119_150254742.jpg...IMG_20161119_145211785_HDR.jpg....this was something that i knew we needed to have to add at some point ...and so while i was out at a local scrap steel recycling yard looking for some other stuff for a project on my 51 truck ...i spotted some small steel tubing cutoffs bout 10 inchs long or so ......and then thought... hey, if i cut this in half and weld it to a steel plate i could put it in the truck as cupholders. I then took a average fast food cup out of the truck and started sizing it up.... and finally settled on 3 1/8 inside diameter ...so while i was looking for a suitabe small steel plate ..i came across this diamond plate cutoff.....Hmmmm,...say we got that black diamond rubber mat in truck already..!! so if i do this it would match..and look like it belonged in there..!!
    A couple days later i was working on my truck and had some welding to do got done with that and thought... Well.. Hell ..while i got the welder out ... so 20 mins later ..was cut, welded, polished ,and painted.
    it is made out of 3 1/8 steel tubing bout 3" 1/2 tall welded to a piece of 1/8" diamond plate ....the wide base is heavy enough not to tip over or slide around on the rubber mat.

Larry
    Last edited by Larry Messing; 07-11-2018 at 03:23 PM.

5. Likes Jerry Ash liked this post
    First Name
    Jim
    Model
    Wagon
    Post Thanks / Like
    Here's what I use... a magnetic holder.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by jfcroni; 07-11-2018 at 02:54 PM.

First Name
    Carter
    Year
    Model
    Wagon
    Post Thanks / Like
    There's an outfit that makes hard versions of that sweet soft bench-seat console shown above. These cost more than I'm willing to pay and seem a bit too fancy for my rig.
    http://www.cupholdersplus.com/bench-seat-consoles.html

First Name
    Carter
    Year
    Model
    Wagon
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jfcroni View Post
    Here's what I use... a magnetic holder.
    I thought of one of those, but I have gauges on either side of the speedometer, and there aren't many other good vertical surfaces.

I'm almost tempted to try those hokey "hanging basket" ones that go on the door and hook into the window slot.

First Name
    Carter
    Year
    Model
    Wagon
    Post Thanks / Like
    HRS-Shorty-Super-Short-Floor-Console-Midnight-Charcoal_540x540.jpg

Something like this just in front of the seat on the hump would be OK, but they want $80 for it.
    http://www.cupholdersplus.com/hrs-sh...r-console.html

First Name
    Carter
    Year
    Model
    Wagon
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Larry Messing;142190]
    Quote Originally Posted by Lookout Ranch View Post
    Has anyone added something in their cab for holding cups, water bottles, and/or misc. odds and ends like sunglasses? My water bottle is forever rolling off the seat. And forget about having a cup of coffee on your way; about the only place to hold it when it's time to shift is between your legs. ...../QUOTE]

Not exactly my idea of ...Hot Nuts..!!....

Here is what i came up with and built for the White Beast bout 3 years ago or so...IMG_20161119_150254742.jpg...IMG_20161119_145211785_HDR.jpg....this was something that i knew we needed to have to add at some point ...and so while i was out at a local scrap steel recycling yard looking for some other stuff for a project on my 51 truck ...i spotted some small steel tubing cutoffs bout 10 inchs long or so ..and then thought hey if i cut this in half and weld it to a steel plate could put it in the truck as cupholders.then took a average fast food cup out of the truck and started sizing it up and finally settled on 3 1/8 inside diameter ...so while i was looking for a suitabe small steel plate ..i came across this diamond plate cutoff.....Hmmmm,...say we got that black diamond rubber mat in truck already..!! so if i do this it would match..and look like it belonged in there..!! so couple days later i was working on my truck and had some welding to do got done with that and thought well Hell ..while i got the welder out ... so 20 mins later ..was cut, welded, polished ,and painted.
    it is made out of 3 1/8 steel tubing bout 3" 1/2 tall welded to a piece of 1/8" diamond plate ....the wide base is heavy enough not to tip over or slide around on the rubber mat.

Larry
    I was thinking of making something like that using 3" gray PVC conduit couplings. I just need to figure out something to put them on, and then put some Velcro on the bottom of that to cling to the carpet, or tether it to something on the seat platform.

First Name
    Greg
    Year
    Model
    Wagon
    Post Thanks / Like
    I use the Maggie, double magnetic cup holder which I found on eBay -- paid $35 for it and it's great. has felt on the back so doesn't scratch the dash, etc. we've had 2 big drinks in it and no issues. I went to look at another for the pickup and whoa, now up to $44 but will continue looking as I expect I can likely find it less elsewhere.

I have also seen people use the Magnetic Spray Can and Screwdriver Holder from harbor freight which feedback shows works well.

Greg

TN OVRLAND

12. Likes scramboleer liked this post
    Sharpest-Tool
    Post Thanks / Like