Registration headache !

Well NM wont touch it. My problem and AZ problem. NM wont deal with it in any shape or from even though it is a data glitch. No way to re-title it here in NM. Going to try and put it back on AZ , Idaho wont care either. Go figure.

Geez, what a mess. You might start thinking about buying a "parts" truck, with a good NM title, and swapping the data plate over. Not ideal, but might get you on the road sooner.

Andy

Well NM wont touch it. My problem and AZ problem. NM wont deal with it in any shape or from even though it is a data glitch. No way to re-title it here in NM. Going to try and put it back on AZ , Idaho wont care either. Go figure.

Here in Ohio independent franchises actually run the satellite title/license bureaus, so they only make money if they collect money. So if you have a GOOD clerk, they will find a "legal" way to title something all you have to do is jump through the hoops they say you gotta jump through and pay any of the fees along the way.
Sounds like clerks at the DMV in NM are not trained properly. Generally they are there to collect monies. Sounds like epic fail at the DMV. You're offerring to hand them money and they blow you off. Last time I checked, most States are needing money. NM must be rich beyond their wildest dreams!:confused:

Andy's idea is your best option, or what I said before.

I have seen a few come and go here in NM. Maybe worth a shot. Avoid penalties for late reg also. They said they would not wave the late reg fee even though none of this is my fault Whoopee! NM...third world....

Geez, what a mess. You might start thinking about buying a "parts" truck, with a good NM title, and swapping the data plate over. Not ideal, but might get you on the road sooner.

Andy

As the stomach turns, got the AZ DMV fraud investigator working on it now. He starts laughing and says there is also a boat trailer with the same vin number....OY.

If he is laughing, he isn't angry, that is a big plus. Assuming he finds no fraud, maybe he will give you what you need to finish up. Good luck.

It seems like there can be some understanding of your plight under these circumstances, and surely a path to a resolution. Your situation reminds me of that old book, Catch-22, and its wartime tale of infinite red tape and perpetual bureaucratic loops.

Maybe a dumb question but does the VIN number on the title match the serial number on the vehicle data plate? Is it a 10 digit number consistent with Willys serial numbers i.e. correct model and production number for your truck?

AZ just used the last 5 numbers. Which is in my opinion most of the problem. I started to bring this up but AZ thought this would muddy the waters to much since ...when the whole vin number was put into the system nothing came up for any kind of vehicle. Az has now passed me off to one of the head investigators that work for the NICB in New Mex. He does not see a problem with getting it registered...but NM mvd clerks and higher ups are not trained for this type of situation. Catch 22, no kidding! Idaho called back and said nothing they could do or would do. So hurry up wait and wait for another phone call back....

Maybe a dumb question but does the VIN number on the title match the serial number on the vehicle data plate? Is it a 10 digit number consistent with Willys serial numbers i.e. correct model and production number for your truck?

PS yes the whole vin matches. At the mvd they only looked at the whole dated plate. I knew where the whole number was but I knew that would kill me right away since AZ only had the last five on the title.

While you are caught in a bureaucratic loop for now the good news is you're not dealing with a fraudulent truck and title. You indicate N.M. will issue a new title once they get the details figured out, when that time comes you might ask that they put all 10 numbers on the title. I know most of us think we are going to keep our trucks forever but if you ever sell it having all the numbers on the title and data plate match is the best way to go....good luck!

I totally agree with you...but I risk opening up another can of worms with these people and I am about done with this fiasco and ready to move on. Yes I would like all of the vin on the title but from my experience it would be another long drawn out ordeal with worse problems. The national inspector actually emailed me at 11 pm last night....wow!

While you are caught in a bureaucratic loop for now the good news is you're not dealing with a fraudulent truck and title. You indicate N.M. will issue a new title once they get the details figured out, when that time comes you might ask that they put all 10 numbers on the title. I know most of us think we are going to keep our trucks forever but if you ever sell it having all the numbers on the title and data plate match is the best way to go....good luck!

I'm here in Arizona, the title for my '51 wagon says its a Willy, not a Willys. With the Title in hand I will not dispute the accuracy of the name on the title. :)

The SR22 is a form of liability insurance, the surety bond does something else, maybe related to ownership. Maybe to protect the state in case a previous owner shows up and complains.

Tried the surety bond they said no way. Good thing I found the ten digit vin, otherwise they would have still reg it but the next guy would have had the same problems as me.....Now I am undoing the monkey business of the PO...!

Congrats Marten...Lots of effort but in the long run you are way ahead...good job sticking in there.

Back