Jun 3, 2018
Home
First Name
Dick
Willys Model
  1. Jeepster
Willys Year:
  1. 1950
Hello I’m new to this site! I recently bought a 1950 jeepster and When I pulled out the plugs I found sitting antifreeze in number 3 cylinder. I was thinking about putting a newer V6 with an auto transmission in now that’s more of a reality. Anybody ever done this and if so what did you use for an engine and transmission? Any help would be appreciated.

Welcome from Colorado, Dick. My Son in Law & I have done a complete Chassis Conversion on to a Willys Pickup. I would guess that a GM 4.3 V-6 would fit in a Jeepster very nicely. I'm sure someone on this forum had done this or would know more about Jeepsters as to what works and what doesn't. Post a pic of your Jeepster! Pivnic

Welcome to the forum from South Carolina Dick. The 4.3 gm is a good engine also the Buick 3.8, also called 231ci. is a very good choice. With the Buick, the distributor is in the front so you don't have the problems with the fire wall clearance like with the Chevy motors, also the 350 or 400 th will bolt up with either of these motors to make a bullet proof combo. Good luck and post some pics when you can.:cool:

Last edited:
Back