San Francisco, California
First Name
Dan
Willys Model
  1. Wagon
Willys Year:
  1. 1964
2018 caravan to Willys America Open House - Saturday, July 14, 2018

The 2018 Caravan to Willys America BBQ and Open House is on Saturday July 14 and yours truly is leading the caravan this year. It basically takes the morning to drive from San Francisco, across the Golden Gate Bridge, and then out through western Wine Country to Cazadero where Willys America hosts an open house and BBQ.

Note: there is one less stop this year since only tour buses can stop at the Golden Gate overlook on the north side of the bridge.

Here are the details:

Stop 1: 8:15 am - 8:30 am 593 Martin Luther King Blvd, San Francisco (https://goo.gl/maps/MBvKRneUUuE2). This start is a safe and low traffic spot to meet in Golden Gate Park, basically a few hundred feet north of 19th Avenue and Lincoln Way in San Francisco. We can safely meet there and then leave by heading north on Park Presidio through the rest of San Francisco. There is also a gas station on the SE corner of 19th Avenue and Lincoln way if you need to fuel up.

Continue north on Park Presidio through Golden Gate Park and the Richmond neighborhood of San Francisco.

Cross Golden Gate Bridge (note: no stop this year)

Continue Hwy 101 north to Petaluma. Exit west onto Lakeville Road., Stop at McDonald's at the shopping center on Lakeville Rd.

Stop 2: 10:00 am-10:15 am McDonald's parking lot in Petaluma. (Exit west on 116/Lakeville St. and look for McDonald's)

attachment.php

Continue on North 101 and exit at Hwy 116 West (Gravenstein Hwy towards Guerneville).

Follow Hwy 116 through Forestville, Monte Rio and turn north onto the Cazadero Hwy.

Follow Cazadero Hwy until you see Willys America, 6152 Cazadero Highway Cazadero, CA 95421.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Non-Willys are welcome to join the caravan. We just ask two things: that non-Willys let all of the Willys go first and travel together and that when we arrive at Willys America, the non-Willys park in the separate lot off of the main drag. Whatever you are driving, we hope you can join us. If not, there will be pictures.

Cheers,

Dan AKA Scramboleer

PS One final caveat: my wife is due with our third kid at the end of July, so in the event that the baby arrives early, you'll have another tour leader.

Maybe someday, I can go.. My truck is in great shape and the weather looks OK for the trip... But, my loving bride
has scheduled a little birthday celebration on that date..So, I'll be in BBQ mode on Saturday..Please take and post
photos.

That's on my bucket list. Maybe next year, but will settle for the pics you all will upload this year. Hope everyone has a safe and enjoyable caravan!

Hey Dan

Heading up to Willys America tomorrow .First time and I'm pretty excited! Going to try to hook up with the caravan at stop 2. If not I'll look for you and your wagon at the open house. Hope your wife is doing well and looking forward to meeting you . :cool:

Looks like a good time Dan. Sometimes a smaller, more intimate crowd where you can get to know the other owners is nicer than a huge group.

Hey Dan-
Thanks for organizing the caravan and I won’t tell anyone we met in the men’s room at McDonald’s Lol!! Great day.
Oh here's a pic for ya :cool::
06B175A3-D623-4C0F-B047-B3C4983F84BC.jpg

This guy had a little V6 from an S10 tucked into his wagon. There was a lot of room left over in the front. He said a previous owner had given it the Woody treatment , which wasn't offered that year.

You can see my wagon in the background on the right, across the road.
IMG_6712.jpg

Back