Jun 17, 2018
California
First Name
CHRISTOPHER
Willys Model
  1. Other
Willys Year:
  1. Other
Hey all: Seen this forum and decided to join. I've had interest in getting a Willy's for awhile, and now I'm actively searching. Not sure exactly what I'm planning on yet, but I guess that's part of the fun. I like the look of the Flat Fenders, and would like to see a few. It would mostly be towed behind my rv, then a little off-roading. I've talked to someone who has a 52 for sale, but haven't seen it yet.

What should I look for when searching out a willys?

Chris

thanks agne.. from Iowa? I have family there. They live in Oskaloosa, which is about an hour east of Des Moines

My Brother in law lived in Oskaloosa after college. I'm just east of Iowa City. Glad you found the forum and good luck on your search

thanks scramboleer. Have you been to the Willy's America shoP? I'm gonna try to get up there in July..

Thanks Lookout. I'm not sure what body type I like yet. I know I want one that runs good now, and I can do things as I go... So, no rust buckets that don't run.. haha

Welcome to the forum. Are you in SoCal? My advice is take your time and pay a premium for a good vehicle if that is what it takes. A few extra thousand up front is a lot better than the many thousands later and the headaches later. Try to find a California or Arizona Willys.

cwd

Back