First Name
Mickey
Willys Model
  1. Wagon
  2. CJ
Willys Year:
  1. 1955
  2. 1958
What do you guys use for thread sealant on the fuel pump and carburetor brass connectors? I know the line side is a flare so not used but on the pump/carburetor side.

I've always used Teflon tape (also called Thread seal tape).

I agree Teflon tape. They have a blue Teflon tape now that the plumbing trades seem to be using alot. My belief is to never use silicone sealer on any fuel system part including the sending unit cover plate. For me it always turnes to schmoo and finds it's way into places you don't want it.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I use Gasoila thread sealant. Use it all the time at work and have not had a problem with it.

I use Teflon pipe sealant... It's a plumbers pipe dope... I stopped using the tape after shreds caused a problem
on another application...This stuff has worked well for me for many years now..

Agree with Larry.
Dan

Me too, the Nuclear industry I worked for, retired now, went thru and changed ALL the fittings that had teflon tape on them to what is called "Pipe dope" a teflon based paste made by Parker Hannifin. (Parker is a big Aerospace fitting maker. Other companies make the same stuff). This was due to a Tech report of pieces of teflon tape migrating into the fluid(s). On the print of every silicone based sealant(AKA RTV) is a statement about avoid using it on gasoline. Soft type 3 non hardening permatex has been an old product, if you don't mind the mess it makes, designed for gasoline, oil etc petroleum based fluids.

Last edited:
Back