Jun 14, 2018
Southern California
First Name
Ron
Willys Model
  1. Other
Willys Year:
  1. 1956
Hi: I'm new to "Old Willys" and looking forward to learning how to navigate around the website.

Many years ago I owned a 1951 M-38 flat fender with a stock 289 Ford engine adapted to the M38's stock transmission. I drove carefully enough to never damage that tranny and truly miss the fun times my friends and I had in that Jeep. So now I'm retired and considering building another 1950 or 1951 M-38 (those are the only two years they were manufactured, if memory serves), but this time with one of the smaller, more popular Buick V-6 engines mated to an appropriate 5-speed, manual shift trans (not sure what that would be, but hope to learn more here).

My ideal find would be an M38 that is either not running, or is missing the original engine entirely (I have absolutely no intention to modify a nice, original M38). Any and all suggestions would be much appreciated.

Thank you! Evans...

Welcome to the forum, Ron, and good luck on your search. You've come to the right place, as good people here.

Welcome from Colorado, Ron. The "Hunt" is almost as fun as the restoration. Take a picture of your Jeep the First Instant you See it! You will always love that first picture. Then once you drag it home, take pictures of the Journey You will have with your Jeep Project from Start to Finish. Once your Jeep Project is all done, you will always cherish looking back at all your project's pictures. Have a Cool Trip! Pivnic

Back