First Name
    Edwin
    Year
    other
    Model
    FC
    Post Thanks / Like

Windshield frame

I am looking for a windshield frame for a CJ3A. Here is what i have and looking for one in better shape. F65515A5-64B8-4A9A-B0F5-910AA0996D76.jpg

Well-Oiled
    First Name
    Greg
    Year
    Model
    Wagon
    Post Thanks / Like
    That actually is for a CJ2A. 3A's didn't tilt out. A better setup IMHO. I may have one, but shipping will be troublesome from Ma. I know I have a good hood or 2 also.
    diggerG
    Last edited by diggerG; 06-13-2018 at 06:57 AM.

Bigger Hammer
    First Name
    Edwin
    Year
    other
    Model
    FC
    Post Thanks / Like
    So.... Do you have a windshield and a hood that you would ship..... if I pay for shipping?

you had said several months ago from my pics that the jeep was a 3a with an 2a windshield. This frame has a LOT of rust, so do you have a 2a or a 3a frame, and which should I use?

also, might you possibly have a breather for the carburetor?
    Last edited by Edixon; 06-13-2018 at 10:05 AM.

Bigger Hammer
    First Name
    Edwin
    Year
    other
    Model
    FC
    Post Thanks / Like
    Digger...... also, another crazy question.... we have noticed that the front fenders meet the tub at very different angles on this jeep. Is that normal? I never noticed it before. One side forms apractically 90 degree angle and the other one forms like a 45 degree angle.... i was amazed that I had never seen this before.... am I crazy?

Well-Oiled
    First Name
    Greg
    Year
    Model
    Wagon
    Post Thanks / Like
    You could use either windshield, just remember when you order a top it must fit the windshield. ie A CJ2A with a CJ3A windshield needs a CJ3A top.
    The CJ3A windshields are tighter and rattle less and leak less. But, do not fold out.
    I will look at your first posting for pictures, but the 2 fenders should be pretty much mirror images of each other as far as angles.
    As for shipping parts I can do that but it would be tough, especially the windshield.
    Do you want the air filter, the gooseneck or the crossover tube?
    diggerG

Gear Grinder
    First Name
    john
    Year
    Model
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by diggerG View Post
    You could use either windshield, just remember when you order a top it must fit the windshield. ie A CJ2A with a CJ3A windshield needs a CJ3A top.
    The CJ3A windshields are tighter and rattle less and leak less. But, do not fold out.
    I will look at your first posting for pictures, but the 2 fenders should be pretty much mirror images of each other as far as angles.
    As for shipping parts I can do that but it would be tough, especially the windshield.
    Do you want the air filter, the gooseneck or the crossover tube?
    diggerG

Digger, I just re-read this thread, on the different front fenders could it be Edwin's jeep has a replacement fender
    from a M38 ?

John

Well-Oiled
    First Name
    Greg
    Year
    Model
    Wagon
    Post Thanks / Like
    I looked at Ed's pictures again and I think his fender has been hammered out of shape by that infamous tree that jumped in front of the Jeep. diggerG

8. Likes skratch liked this post
    Bigger Hammer
    First Name
    Edwin
    Year
    other
    Model
    FC
    Post Thanks / Like
    If the fender is bent, the it was a perfect crease. It appears to be a factory bend.... but I can’t say. i will try to get better pics and we can look again.

Bigger Hammer
    First Name
    Edwin
    Year
    other
    Model
    FC
    Post Thanks / Like
    Digger, when you say shipping the windshield frame would be difficult... what do you mean? Could tou not just box it up and ship it? And can we not just stick a sticker on the hood and ship that sucker to the south? I am from the backwoods of Alabama so help me understand.....

Well-Oiled
    First Name
    Greg
    Year
    Model
    Wagon
    Post Thanks / Like