Aug 20, 2017
Cullman, Alabama
First Name
Edwin
Willys Model
  1. Other
Willys Year:
  1. Other
I am looking for a windshield frame for a CJ3A. Here is what i have and looking for one in better shape. F65515A5-64B8-4A9A-B0F5-910AA0996D76.jpg

That actually is for a CJ2A. 3A's didn't tilt out. A better setup IMHO. I may have one, but shipping will be troublesome from Ma. I know I have a good hood or 2 also.
diggerG

Last edited:
So.... Do you have a windshield and a hood that you would ship..... if I pay for shipping?

you had said several months ago from my pics that the jeep was a 3a with an 2a windshield. This frame has a LOT of rust, so do you have a 2a or a 3a frame, and which should I use?

also, might you possibly have a breather for the carburetor?

Last edited:
Digger...... also, another crazy question.... we have noticed that the front fenders meet the tub at very different angles on this jeep. Is that normal? I never noticed it before. One side forms apractically 90 degree angle and the other one forms like a 45 degree angle.... i was amazed that I had never seen this before.... am I crazy?

You could use either windshield, just remember when you order a top it must fit the windshield. ie A CJ2A with a CJ3A windshield needs a CJ3A top.
The CJ3A windshields are tighter and rattle less and leak less. But, do not fold out.
I will look at your first posting for pictures, but the 2 fenders should be pretty much mirror images of each other as far as angles.
As for shipping parts I can do that but it would be tough, especially the windshield.
Do you want the air filter, the gooseneck or the crossover tube?
diggerG

You could use either windshield, just remember when you order a top it must fit the windshield. ie A CJ2A with a CJ3A windshield needs a CJ3A top.
The CJ3A windshields are tighter and rattle less and leak less. But, do not fold out.
I will look at your first posting for pictures, but the 2 fenders should be pretty much mirror images of each other as far as angles.
As for shipping parts I can do that but it would be tough, especially the windshield.
Do you want the air filter, the gooseneck or the crossover tube?
diggerG

Digger, I just re-read this thread, on the different front fenders could it be Edwin's jeep has a replacement fender
from a M38 ?

John

I looked at Ed's pictures again and I think his fender has been hammered out of shape by that infamous tree that jumped in front of the Jeep. diggerG

If the fender is bent, the it was a perfect crease. It appears to be a factory bend.... but I can’t say. i will try to get better pics and we can look again.

Digger, when you say shipping the windshield frame would be difficult... what do you mean? Could tou not just box it up and ship it? And can we not just stick a sticker on the hood and ship that sucker to the south? I am from the backwoods of Alabama so help me understand.....

Shipping would be expensive first. And with the way parts are thrown around in transit is another problem.
It can be done though. The hood would be ok, windshield would be harder, especially if there is glass in it.
I can check into it, and there may be another private way for us to do it. I'll PM you on that.
diggerG (Greg)

Fastenal store to store freight is cheap and reliable painless

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The windshield doesnt have to have glass, I can get that replace... I just need a good frame.... I can get the glass replaced in the frame.

Ed
I have located a nice hood and 3A windshield frame without glass. Fastenal would work for me if you can pick up at the nearest Fastenal store to you. PM me and we can talk.
diggerG

Back