Germany 77933 Lahr
First Name
Juergen
Willys Model
  1. Forward Control
Willys Year:
  1. 1961
Hello Comunity,
i'd bought my Willys FC 150 last year in December.
meanwhile i droved a few kilometers with him, and I'm very happy to drive such a outstanding Jeep.
But now i want to know where is he come from.
I bought the Willys in Switzerland and knew who was the last owner. Unfortunately I got no more Papers or Dokumentations for the Jeep.
But on his back he has a License Plate from the USA Ohio 1974. Is it possible to get more Information for this FC150 with this Plate.

Perhaps someone knews the FC or his earlier owner.
32910018ue.jpg

32910032vc.jpg

32910064se.jpg

32910100px.jpg

That is about the cutest truck I have ever seen. There is a website that you can put your vin into and it will tell you what factory the truck was made by. Willis knows what one it is Ill ask him and let you know the name.

That is about the cutest truck I have ever seen. There is a website that you can put your vin into and it will tell you what factory the truck was made by. Willis knows what one it is Ill ask him and let you know the name.

I would also like to know! Always wanted to know where/when my truck was all these years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would also like to know! Always wanted to know where/when my truck was all these years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It can be difficult to find out the history of old vehicles here. Vehicle records are tracked by the states, not nationally. There are some privately compiled national data bases available on a subscription basis, but they are based on vehicle identification numbers (VINs), not license plate numbers, and the data typically aren't very old. The purpose of their creation was to support the used car and insurance markets, not antique vehicle collectors. Also, the VIN format wasn't standardized until the last few decades, so some of the old serial number formats don't translate well to modern databases or their search tools.

If you take a picture of the data plate attached to the body someplace in your FC and post it here, someone on the forum may be able to see if your vehicle turns up in a database to which they have access.

Last edited:
to the OP, I wish you a lot of luck finding the history of your truck.
When I was searching for the history of my own pickup I found the serial number format for our trucks did not lend itself to "VIN searches" via DMV or the local police department. Added to that was the fact that my truck had been a firetruck, which were traditionally not registered.
in my own case, it was pure luck that I stumbled upon information from another Willys owner that pointed to where my truck came from.

The VIN of my FC is 6554824620
so it seems he's produced in April 1961
(From the FC Connection - Danny Hartling FC Productuion Numer Page)

So i know the Date and the Place "of Birth" but where has he been all the time.... ;-)

Back