My jeepster gets overwhelmed at local jeep show by giant jeeps.

Moriazbane

Sharpest Tool
Jan 27, 2017
Mount Vernon IL
First Name
Scott
Willys Model
  1. Jeepster
Willys Year:
  1. 1948
A local Jeep club, 618 Jeeps put on a show Saturday at our Harley Dealers lot. I didn't know if I would be ok to go with all I saw on their facebook page being late model mud bogger style jeeps.
Well, they were very friendly and let me enter their show for free. Admittance was also free to spectators. They had a mud bog, and an obstacle course, (neither of which I was interested in of course), and a cross county cruise. At least I got exposed to the other half. There was also a really nice IH Scout there and a nice CJ5 and CJ7. My car isn't near show worthy, but it did stand out. They said after being together for 5 years now, the club membership just passed 10,000 members. They must be doing something right! I believe their "618" is linked to our area code. (didn't ask)
Back in the late '70's my brother and I both had a couple Baja Bugs we used to mud around the county back roads. That's all the mud bogging I've done. There were probably at least 200 Jeeps there. Maybe someday.

Attachments

• CIMG5467.jpg
    CIMG5467.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 37
  • CIMG5461.jpg
    CIMG5461.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 32
  • CIMG5458.jpg
    CIMG5458.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 29
  • CIMG5457.jpg
    CIMG5457.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 31
  • CIMG5456.jpg
    CIMG5456.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 32
  • CIMG5453.jpg
    CIMG5453.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 33
  • CIMG5468.jpg
    CIMG5468.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 32
With one ton axles and 38" tires, I'm almost never the small Jeep in a crowd ! lol
4iJhQ20.jpg

Last edited:
In that first picture i see four Chrysler products, and Willys VJ. You don't need to be big and over sized when you class.;)

Its really nice of them to let you in. The "Jeep snobs" around here won't let my Willys in there group. Its a pick-up, and its not stock. So to hell with em'. If they wanna run around in Chrysler products, that sport the "JEEP" name, so be it.

Yes i am biased. Don't bother trying to change my mind. I am closer to 70 than zero and have better things to do with my time.

Last edited:
It's sad when people have to be snobs. They should be happy to have a representative of Jeep's history in their shows.
I've taken my Willys to local Jeep club meet & greets and it always gets a lot of positive attention.

Here's a picture of one of those Meet&Greets with a local FC 150. He was the center of attention.

20170921_184724.jpg

Back