Jan 14, 2018
Temecula, Ca
First Name
Steve
Willys Model
  1. Pickup
Willys Year:
  1. 1956
Hi all, New member here. I purchased a 1956 pickup a year ago. It was mostly restored by its previous owner in 2007 besides the drive train. A few years ago, the owner removed the engine for a rebuild but discovered 2 cracks in the engine block which halted his plans to a quick in and out engine freshening up. After sitting for a couple years, he listed in on CL where I found it. The paint is still in good shape with just some cracking and blemishes here and there. I bought a 5.3 chevy truck engine that was converted to a 4 wire hookup. I've spent the last year cleaning, converting the front to disc brakes, larger master cylinder (kept in stock location) and saginaw PS box relocated to front of frame. The engine is mounted and I'm just down to the fuel and cooling systems.

I still have the complete engine in pieces.

Question, is the original I-6 complete engine (everything including the bell housing and radiator) worth anything?

IMG_3822.jpg

Welcome aboard. Sweet truck.

Not sure where you are in California, but Jerry at Willys Truck Warehouse in Rodeo (East San Francisco Bay Area) might be interested in buying it from you.

I always thought it would be cool to take a ruined L134 or L226, add a thick plexiglass or similar top, and make a cool table or night stand.

Last edited:
Welcome aboard. Sweet truck.

Not sure where you are in California, but Jerry at Willys Truck Warehouse in Rodeo (East San Francisco Bay Area) might be interested in buying it from you.

I always thought it would be cool to take a ruined L134 or L226, add a thick plexiglass or similar top, and make a cool table or night stand.

Thanks for the info. I'll give them a call.

I have a LS1 block for a coffee table in my living room.

Back