Jan 10, 2017
Australia
First Name
David
Willys Model
  1. CJ
Willys Year:
  1. 1946
After a complete ground off re-build our beautiful little CJ2A has settled into her new home in country Victoria, Australia. We have created her own special parking spot outside our recently completed bathroom area inside our "home-away-from-home" shed.
One of the many reasons for importing our jeep from the US was to be able to use her to cruise around the local area and soak up the stunning scenery this area is known for. We have certainly been doing plenty of this - rain and shine (no hail).
Recently I took my 82 y/o Dad for a spin in our 72 y/o CJ - an awesome short trip that will be cherished in the years ahead. The "old man's" smile reminded me of when we use to sit in the trailer he would tow behind our old Ford when I was a boy. Paying it back!
The CJ attracts a lot of attention whenever we take her out for a drive. From the very young to the young at heart she is a favourite. There are not too many outings where we don’t get asked many a question about her. Most can't believe that she is all original and 72 years old to boot!
We will keep posting updates on our travels in "Wilma" (not sure why she got this name but it fits).

Crusin (1).jpgCrusin (2).jpgCrusin With Dad (1).jpgCrusin With Dad.jpgCrusin With Princess.jpgCrusin.jpgWillys Parking.jpgCrusin With Princess (1).jpg

Last edited:
Thanks Dan. She's a little beauty and we really enjoy our outings in her. We are blessed with the area we live in - perfect Jeep country. There are a huge number of 4wd tracks around our area - it's a real haven for off road enthusiasts. It's probably one of the reasons she attracts so much attention in the local town. Of course we are always letting them know that they should buy themselves a real 4wd!

Back