Mar 29, 2018
Georgia
First Name
keith
Willys Model
  1. Pickup
Willys Year:
  1. 1950
I have a 50 willys truck and the steering gear box guts are completely shot. I can get it rebuilt for a nominal cost or is there a replacement box from a different vehicle that I can install? or are there rebuilt ones out there that I can buy with out rebuilding this one. thanks Keith:confused::beer:

I have a 50 willys truck and the steering gear box guts are completely shot. I can get it rebuilt for a nominal cost or is there a replacement box from a different vehicle that I can install? or are there rebuilt ones out there that I can buy with out rebuilding this one. thanks Keith:confused::beer:

I have a steering box from a 2 Wd 1948 Wagon that’s in good shape. I have been told that it will not work if your truck is 4 Wd. Let me know if interested. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Two years ago I was at the point of a box rebuild, I had done business with redhead out of Seattle since the mid 80s and rang them up asking if they could work my box over. The person at redhead said they don't do any of those old box overhauls anymore. I'm not saying they don't do a good job They may have what you need for the upgrade. I ended up bying the parts needed from vendors on this site and did it myself. Good luck

thanks. gonna call redhead later today and see what they can do. Willys america said they can rebuild it so I might just send it there...

I have a good steering gear box and column from my 60 4x4 wagon if I will fit. I'd take $50 + shipping for it.

thanks for the offer. I spoke to Kaiser willys about it and they told it would not fit due to different shaft sizes. thanks again...

I've got a box out of a 54' truck. It looks to be in decent shape.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

thanks but I just shipped mine to CA for a rebuild. figured that was the best way to go. I appreciate your response.

thanks for the offer. I spoke to Kaiser willys about it and they told it would not fit due to different shaft sizes. thanks again...

It will fit just fine. You just can't swap pitman arms. THat is the shaft difference.
diggerG

thanks for the info. i have already sent mine for a rebuild. since I am new at this type of vehicle I had to consider what Kaiser Willy told me. It is a learning process for me. thanks again.

Back