Sep 22, 2013
Florida
First Name
Mike
Willys Model
  1. Pickup
Willys Year:
  1. 1963
Its good to be back with a great resource like OWF. Re-upped membership, now time to start another project: My first serious on-off-road capable wagon: $300 1948 Montana pasture fine, solid, complete with Winchester 30-30 rounds through the side panels for cool patina ambiance. Has T-98 (yes T98) already installed behind a 226-6. Its not 4x4 yet. I would appreciate any advice on creative capable conversion to 4x4. I have a variety of Willys / Kaisers / AMC's around me from 1930 to 83. Looking forward to kick-starting this project.

Mike Adams / FL.

Attachments

• 1950 willys ext front.jpg
    1950 willys ext front.jpg
    147.3 KB · Views: 41
  • 50 Wagon, July 2016.jpg
    50 Wagon, July 2016.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 41
  • 50 wagon 1C.JPG
    50 wagon 1C.JPG
    237.1 KB · Views: 39
Welcome Back from Colorado, Mike. Your Wagon looks like it's in pretty good condition. Post your progress. Pivnic

Welcome back, and thank you for supporting the forum!

Looking forward to your build. I’d like to see pics of the T98 with the 6-226.

Pete

Thanks guys. Pete, looks like I am headed down a similar path as you with my wagon. I think my body is very solid. I will.know more after I remove the hay bales from the back.

Welcome mike.
It's very possible to hook up a T98 (at least the correct T98) to a Spicer 18 or Spicer Dana 20 transfer case. I have done it, and have another. Sadly you would need a 4wd Jeep wagon frame, you don't have it. But, you can find them. I'm sure someone will chime in with one.
diggerG

Welcome Back from Colorado, Mike. Your Wagon looks like it's in pretty good condition. Post your progress. Pivnic

This made me laugh. Most people wouldn't look at a vehicle like this and say it's in good condition. We are a rather unique bunch! ;) No offense Mike. It will be a good solid base for a Willys project.

Back