Sep 7, 2013
Cleveland Heights, Ohio
First Name
Martin
Willys Model
  1. Pickup
Willys Year:
  1. 1954
Is something amiss? On one of my computers it says this is an untrustworthy site and it is blocked. On the other computer (also on Firefox) things look totally different and you cannot really read threads, maybe just the headings. On the second computer if I use Google Chrome, it still works normally. What is up?

I noticed the same thing on one of my computers using "uBlock Origin" ad blocker. It listed the site as Malware and would not let it load properly.
I was forced to turn off the ad-blocker for this site to be able to read the threads.

Same here... it presented a different looking home page time after time.

I also use Firefox but dont have that kind of trouble ...only issue i see is the fact i cant read new replies to threads ....iif somebody responds to a thread i cant see what they said ......Only way i can see what they said is to sign into the forum first..!! then their reply shows up..!!! it was never this way used to be able to read all replies without signing in i can read every thing up to the last post if i want to read that last post.....i have to sign in to forum first ..!!

been like this for 7-10 months now dont know what happened or changed but would really like to see it fixed i did send Pete a PM and a screen shot showing what i see on it back then but never got reply back as to what was going on and just been dealing with that annoyance... but if this can be fixed so you can read everything so that is is put back to way it was a year ago that would be great..!!

Larry

I get the same message on my "work computer". It worked fine for the past 4 years, then this week it is blocked.

I dont get it...i am right now this moment running Firefox i dont have any issues ...other then not being able to read very last post until i sign in i can read everything prior to that though.
starting to wonder what version of Firefox all of you are running on right now..?? I am running on FireFox version 35.0.5
curious to know ....did you update Firefox versions .....if so did you notice the trouble then? if your computer auto updated things,... might be able to look and see when it was done then see if that correlates to the trouble you are having. ........I dunno just a thought.

Larry

Is something amiss? On one of my computers it says this is an untrustworthy site and it is blocked. On the other computer (also on Firefox) things look totally different and you cannot really read threads, maybe just the headings. On the second computer if I use Google Chrome, it still works normally. What is up?

I noticed the same thing on one of my computers using "uBlock Origin" ad blocker. It listed the site as Malware and would not let it load properly.
I was forced to turn off the ad-blocker for this site to be able to read the threads.

Google ads are built into the forum. The ad blocker may prevent the forum from loading, depending on the loading order of the content. For what it's worth, the Google ads pay to keep the site running...

Same here... it presented a different looking home page time after time.

Same problem here as well, but only on Firefox.

I dont get it...i am right now this moment running Firefox i dont have any issues ...other then not being able to read very last post until i sign in i can read everything prior to that though.
starting to wonder what version of Firefox all of you are running on right now..?? I am running on FireFox version 35.0.5
curious to know ....did you update Firefox versions .....if so did you notice the trouble then? if your computer auto updated things,... might be able to look and see when it was done then see if that correlates to the trouble you are having. ........I dunno just a thought.
Larry

I'm not sure why the forum is being blocked for some users as "malware" or "untrustworthy". I will ask my tech support again to see if there is anything amiss that I'm not aware of.

Larry,

I have not made any changes to the forum for years, other than standard software updates that shouldn't have any effect on how various browsers interact.
I also run Firefox, and I'm not having any of the issues mentioned above. I just checked, and I'm running the current version of Firefox, which is 59.0.2. Updating your browser may solve the problems you are having. I'm curious what version of the Firefox browser others are using, that are also having issues with Firefox.

Pete

Larry, that is a Jan 2015 version, I am surprised it didn't auto update at some point, I have version 52.7.5. Usually something that old (in computer years) stops working. And 52.7.5 I guess is not completely up to date, also is not working. I thought my Malwarebytes or Spybot was blocking the site anyway, maybe not the Firefox at all.

Last edited:
It was one of the ads being run that was detected to be delivering a malware payload. This caused all ad blockers and web filters to give the site a bad name. It should clear up if the ad has been rotated out or pulled.

Back