Bigger Hammer
    First Name
    Steve
    Year
    Model
    Pickup
    Post Thanks / Like

Spotted these today

I went to a car show today in a small community about 25 miles from my home which was supporting the local fire dept. I spotted these Willys there which was a surprise because I hadn't seen either of these before. The bone stock 56 truck the guy said he paid 1200$ for was solid and he did very little to get the 6 226 running and put a 20 step paint job on, "looks good from 20 steps away" but was a very good find. The other was a 51 CJ3a with military tribute paint job, very solid body and ran very good. Both were daily drivers. The reason I shared these is because any Willys you see in upstate South Carolina is rare because they just aren't that many in my area.20180414_114651.jpg20180414_114709.jpg20180414_114722.jpg20180414_114903.jpgThe guy with the trucks wife named the truck "WILLY MATER" I guess after the TOW MATER truck in the CARS movie. These sure made my day at an otherwise average car show.

Bigger Hammer
    First Name
    Scott
    Year
    Model
    Post Thanks / Like
    Loving that rope on the Jeep bumper. Some barge is drifting loose somewhere.
    Last edited by Moriazbane; 04-15-2018 at 08:36 PM.
    Yeah, it has rock chips and dings, but every chip and ding was done driving it, and that was why I built it.

3. Likes Willymakit, leiniedude liked this post
    Gear Grinder
    First Name
    Burke
    Year
    Model
    Post Thanks / Like
    That was me with the ‘51 CJ3A, great time and enjoyed talking Willys with Willymakit. Best part was having kids climb all over my Willys and get their pictures made. Every one of them had that great “Jeep Grin” ear to ear.
    New member as of today.

5. Likes ndnile, Brent, Willymakit, leiniedude, buxman66 liked this post
    Bigger Hammer
    First Name
    Scott
    Year
    Model
    Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome and very nice jeep!
    Yeah, it has rock chips and dings, but every chip and ding was done driving it, and that was why I built it.

Bigger Hammer
    First Name
    Steve
    Year
    Model
    Pickup
    Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the forum Burke. I really enjoyed talking Jeeps with you Saturday and as I said, you have a really nice 3a.

Gear Grinder
    First Name
    Kevin
    Year
    other
    Model
    Post Thanks / Like