Apr 16, 2017
Sutter Creek, CA
First Name
John
Willys Model
  1. CJ
Willys Year:
  1. 1946
I purchased another 1946 CL2A, but have a problem. It has a Ramsey winch driven off the crank shaft pulley. This pulley takes a 3/4 inch wide belt. I'm not having any luck finding a 3/4 inch V Belt at least 44 inches long.

Anybody know where I can find a 3/4 inch V Belt?

John

John, lots of older tractors used wider v belts like 3/4 wide. The only problem is the 44" length. I know this will not help you but we have a local hyd. hose company named Superior Hydraulics and they carry a lot of v belts of all widths and lengths. I'm sure you have a local company that probably carries the same stuff, or look at some lawn mower parts houses that carry v belts, some mowers have wider belts. Hope this helps. Good luck.:)

Steve,

One phone call after another directed me to the V Belt Guys www.vbeltguys.com. They have all kinds of belts, so I ordered two. Your source could get me one but, I would have to drive from California to South Carolina. Now if I was still working in Georgia it would be no problem.

John, I needed a 3/4 belt for my F134 after installing an alternator, NAPA found the belt for me. If you haven't
found the correct one this is worth a try.

Hope this might help ,,,,

Another John ,,,, :)

Last edited:
Back