Mar 31, 2018
40 Minutes North of NYC
First Name
Larry
Willys Model
  1. Wagon
Willys Year:
  1. 1961
So been dreaming about a 12 volt 4 wheel drive wagon to start puttering around with. I had a pickup when I was a teenager but now I am looking for a Wagon so I can have some room for my family for Sunday drives.

I want to start with something with no rust ,

I have completed some restoration in the past ,Mustang, Cadillac,Corvettes, Now I just want some thing simple and affordable.

Can someone point me to some good reference sources for wagons

Larry

Welcome aboard Larry. There is a ton of technical info in the forum’s library.

And if you haven’t found it already, www.ewillys.com is a wonderfully dangerous place to find a Willys or two.

I'm brand new to this forum and ownership of a WO vehicle, welcome to this site. I've been searching through various threads on here, looks like a fantastic resource of knowledge.

So been dreaming about a 12 volt 4 wheel drive wagon to start puttering around with. I had a pickup when I was a teenager but now I am looking for a Wagon so I can have some room for my family for Sunday drives.

I want to start with something with no rust ,

I have completed some restoration in the past ,Mustang, Cadillac,Corvettes, Now I just want some thing simple and affordable.

Can someone point me to some good reference sources for wagons

Larry

Welcome to the forum.

Pete

Welcome from Colorado, Larry. Post some pictures when you find your Willys Truck. Make sure that you take a picture of it when you FIRST Saw It! It will be great to have as part of your Build Log. Pivnic

Welcome Larry - If you are able, do you looking in the warm regions of the desert southwest where snow and ice and generally wet weather are less of a factor. I grew up a little ways south of the border in New York and know the toll the weather made on vehicles especially Willys's. There are nooks and crannies in these wagons that no matter how well you take care of your vehicle collect all things that create rust. Welcome and I wish you luck in your search.

larry
I know of one that looks real nice, I think it came from another part of the USA, where there is little rust. It has a 292 Ford Y Block in it. I can see if it is still around if you want. Runs drives and looks good.

Welcome to the site.
diggerG

Thank you again for the welcome. I am currently in the "acquiring information" mode. I presently have a 62 corvette with a tube frame under it I built in 2004 I need to sell in order to free up a spot in the garage for the wagon.
this is the car I am going to get rid of for my Jeep Wagon,

https://larryvsa.smugmug.com/Other/1962-tube-frame-corvette-/n-FcfT6w

Last edited:
If the Corvette looks as nice in person as it does in your pictures you should have no trouble selling it for a reasonable price. Of course as the price goes up the # of buyers go down.

Welcome, Larry! AutoTempest.com is also a great search engine for cars. It combines all sales sites into one. By far my favorite.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back