Mar 18, 2018
Cuba
First Name
Ross
Willys Model
  1. Wagon
Willys Year:
  1. 1952
My wife and I are trying to rebuild a 1952 Willys wagon that we have at our place in Toronto. Not knowledgeable on the subject so all of your advice is much appreciated! We’re currently looking to purchase both front and rear break sets. Does anyone know what modern set would fit our Willys?

It’s actually in Cuba, not Toronto so trying to find parts for it can be challenging

Ross --
First you have to explain the Cuban angle.

Are you an international spy and your base of operations is Toronto?
or
Are you a undersea diver looking for ship wrecks on the sea floor?

Is the shipping for the brakes going to Cuba or to Toronto?
Are you temporarily located in Cuba?

Just Wondering...

I do not think anything modern would fit. The Bendix systems Willys used were mostly old technology. I hope our typically vendors like Walck's can help you out.

Haha, not a spy, just a bed and breakfast owner. The Jeep is in Cuba and is in desperate need of most parts! We travel to and from Toronto, so shipping the parts could go to either place.

Thanks for the info, sounds like I’ll be spending lots of time researching what’s needed.

Ross
The Bendix star wheel adjust brakes were found on later Jeep Wagoneers into the 70's and are a much improved system over the 1930's design on the Willys trucks and wagons like you have. It means backing plates and drums need to be replaced, and it's a bolt on job. The 11" shoes fit a lot of vehicles. I am assuming that your Jeep is 4wd, correct? 2wd is different brakes.
This would give you much better brakes at a short price.
diggerG

brake shoes are #53, which is a universal, interchange number. should be available at any good auto part store, or at Rock Auto.(online)

Back